My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently came to MTF through a recent google search. Seven years ago I became the proud owner of a brand new (in 2003) 20HP Simplicity Prestige Tractor. I was told that I just purchased a "twenty year" tractor meaning it would last for many years. For the first couple of years, this tractor had performed well (except for a defective engine part, which was taken care of through the warranty) and performed the task I purchased it for - cutting grass; however, I decided my lawn could look even better through the purchase of a Simplicity implement - the Turbo Blower. This is where my problems began. Ever since I added this implement to my tractor, I have experienced engine cutout and even engine shutdowns during 80+ degree temperatures. For the last 4 years, I have had my tractor back to the dealer several times without finding a solution to my tractor woes. Recently my brother also purchased a Simplicity Prestige 2008 leftover with only 1.5 hrs on it. After unloading it and taking it for a short ride, his brand new 25hp tractor shut off also. After a few weeks back to the dealer, a chaffed wire was discovered and his tractor was as good as new. Mine however still had engine cut out issues. It was then that I turned to the world wide web for solutions hence MTF and I discovered other have experiences this same "cutout" issue with their Simplicity Prestige tractors. Because of their tireless efforts and the posted 800# regarding this issue with Simplicity/Kohler, I felt compelled to join "the cutout club" and tell my story. I called the 800# and I am awaiting a response to see what can be done to fix my problem.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Welcome turbo glad to see another "mountaineer" on board here and sorry to hear of your issues with your tractor, hope you enjoy the forums here anyway and perhaps some of the guys will chime in as this goes :).

·
4K Poster!!!
4,504 Posts
:MTF_wel2:

·
Registered
36 Posts
About all I can say is ... Think about what has transpired since you bought your tractor ...namely fuel ... what it is doing to carbs is a crime but we are all going to pay the price ... burning liquor has it's set backs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts