My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone else asks the question, so I figured I would too.

How much should I be paying for a used 42" snow blower and 42" hydraulic tiller for my 345?

both are in decent shape, 42" snow blower is in a little rougher shape than the tiller. No fixing is needed. They are about 10 years old.

Also, is the 42" snowblower a 2-stage snowblower?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
32,656 Posts
I would think in good operable condition that it would bring $500 - $750 for the snowblower. The tiller is the 30 inch with the 12 inch extension I presume, I've seen those go on eBay in good shape for $700 - $1000, if this is the one on eBay in Michigan it's already up to $800 + and not yet hit his reserve.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a 42" hydraulic. there was also a 30" mechanical made for this tractor.
so i'm not sure if its a 30" + extension , but it is definitely hydraulic.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have one on my GX345 and it works awesome. But this past summer I was at a garage sale and this lady had one sitting in the weeds, she wasn't even sure what it was. I ask her how much she wanted she said will you give me $200. Well I bought it and put it on Craigs list a 10:06 one morning and at 10:10 my phone started ringing non stop. I sold it for $750 one hour after posting it, and if I had 5 more of them I could have sold them. Around here in Michigan this is one hot item, blades here sell for next to nothing because they are worthless in the snow(to deep, to much, to often) I hope this helps you figure out what you will pay but don't wait to long or it will be Gone.

·
Registered
901 Posts

Thanks!
The 42" is single stage. Single stage are considered snowthrowers, 2-stage are snowblowers.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Everyone else asks the question, so I figured I would too.

How much should I be paying for a used 42" snow blower and 42" hydraulic tiller for my 345?

both are in decent shape, 42" snow blower is in a little rougher shape than the tiller. No fixing is needed. They are about 10 years old.

Thanks!
You shouldn't pay anything for it, they're way overrated. Give me the guys contact info and I'll talk to him for ya!!!

:thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU

·
Super Moderator
32,656 Posts
My standard response to these "nice guys"

Joe Schmoe
1400 Pennslyvania Ave.
Washington, DC
1-800-not-lkly

:ROF :ROF

·
Registered
716 Posts
The 42" is single stage. Single stage are considered snowthrowers, 2-stage are snowblowers.
My neighbor told me the same thing, when I asked at the JD dealer why they went from single stage to 2 stage he told me price only. A 2 stage blower might work better in a small amount of snow but when it get deep no way. My neighbor has a x540 with a blower and we have raced blowing deep snow many times and he is shocked how much faster I can move the snow. I have had this conversation with many 2 stage blower owners all say there's work better until they see mine work.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I'm with you dragon7, I've had my 42" snowthrower since 1994, and I wouldn't trade for nothin. I can move alot of snow, and fast. And jakenbake, I'm not positive but I think the 42" snowthrower went for about $1,400.00 new, and the 42" hydro tiller was well over $2,000.00 new, so go from there. Bur I don't think you'll be disappointed with ether of them.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the replies.

looked at the snowblower and tiller tonight. snowblower didn't have much paint left on the inside. tiller looked to be in pretty good shape. tines looked a little rusted.

anyone know if you can buy new tines? i haven't even googled it yet, so i have no idea.

·
Registered
397 Posts
thanks for all the replies.

looked at the snowblower and tiller tonight. snowblower didn't have much paint left on the inside. tiller looked to be in pretty good shape. tines looked a little rusted.
Just run the tiller a little bit and the tines will look like new...doubt very much if you need to replace them if the rest of the unit looks in pretty good shape as you have stated. The rust will come right off from use! :fing32:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts