My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, due to some recent peer pressure from several other MTF members, I decided to get a few pictures up of my last two "Deere Hunting" trips.

I'll start from a few weeks ago when I found a very rare and very original Brantly Model 320 Loader which was originally designed for the 316/317/ and 318. I took a chance that it would bolt right up to the 140 H3, and it has. I got this for my 1974 140 H3, and so far it works perfectly except that the subframe bracket bolts are currently blocking the operation of the left brake pedal and the clutch pedal. So I have a little work to do to make this perfect, which is ok because I am having all new hydro lines made for it at the moment.

Now for the trip from this weekend which I am still recouping from. I picked up a very nice Model 44 John Deere loader, which also came with the very hard to find loader stands. It came with a 54" 4-way blade, and a Herd Sure-Feed CAT-0 3ph Broadcast Spreader Model I-92. Then I drove a little further and picked up a 1973 140 H3 w/ 3ph, which is in very rough condition but I am smelling a full resto coming up over the wintertime. Here are the pictures.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
You are not a well man, T.

Impressive haul! I was actually on the NC border Saturday - work, not Deere hunting.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Very nice haul.

·
Super Moderator
17,111 Posts
If the loader 's Are missing in the next few weeks. You'll know one of us Fellow People suffering From Green Disease took it.:sidelaugh Great find.:thThumbsU

·
Super Moderator
35,723 Posts
Sorry that I put all that pressure on you Glockem!!!! Wow, you weren't kidding when you said you pulled in some great stuff! And thanks for the notification on the cart in my neck of the woods!

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are not a well man, T.

Impressive haul! I was actually on the NC border Saturday - work, not Deere hunting.
Ah ha. Oh well. During my travels this weekend in NC I saw 3 different #80 carts along some of these roads, but every time I started to slow down the wife punched me and said "keep going dummy no more crap can be thrown on the trailer.":banghead3

I guess I just need to do one trip driving around and collecting #80 carts.:trink40:

·
Super Moderator
35,723 Posts
Hmmm.......I know we'll title it "John Deere Picker" and get those other guys off the TV!!!!

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm.......I know we'll title it "John Deere Picker" and get those other guys off the TV!!!!
I just wonder how many #80 carts those guys from American Pickers overlook because they don't even know what they are....:fing20:

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
glockem- nice pictures, you sure got a good haul.

do you think that the hydraulics on the loader are too much for the 140? since it was designed for a larger machine?

·
Super Moderator
17,111 Posts
Hugh his Brantly loader for the 140 use a PTO driven Hydraulic pump not the tractors internal Hydraulic system.:thThumbsU

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hugh his Brantly loader for the 140 use a PTO driven Hydraulic pump not the tractors internal Hydraulic system.:thThumbsU
Correct. Actually there are two limitations to this loader/tractor setup. First is that there is no power steering on the 140 H3 so it can be very hard to turn unless you are rolling in advance of a turn. The 2nd limitation is how much weight can you put in the back of the tractor to offset the loader capacity of about 300-400lbs, however this is a standard limitation of all loaders.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
oh okay gotcha. so the 12hp motor in the 140 is fine for the loader?

·
Super Moderator
17,111 Posts
Hugh Brantly,Johnson & Kwik-way Made loader's for the JD 110 both round fender & fender deck model 'sand they were 7hp,8hp & some where 10hp by the end of production in 1974.:thThumbsU

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Great haul Tanner. I see I we have taught you well in the art of making round trips.:trink40: Now you just need some more land to play with all those machines on and we need to see that 140 and loader in action so now its time for you to get that video camera out.:thThumbsU

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Too much stuff.:fing20:

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great haul Tanner. I see I we have taught you well in the art of making round trips.:trink40: Now we just need to see that 140 and loader in action.:thThumbsU
Trust me, the 140 and loader have already lifted some dirt, however I learned how fast the *** end of the 140 will pop up if you don't have any weight in the rear. Talk about exciting.:banghead3

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Trust me, the 140 and loader have already lifted some dirt, however I learned how fast the *** end of the 140 will pop up if you don't have any weight in the rear. Talk about exciting.:banghead3
:woohoo1:I can only imagine and as bout as exciting as the light front end of the 140 poping up on you at the top of a berm, executing a full rolling wheel stand.:eek:mg:

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Ah ha. Oh well. During my travels this weekend in NC I saw 3 different #80 carts along some of these roads, but every time I started to slow down the wife punched me and said "keep going dummy no more crap can be thrown on the trailer.":banghead3

I guess I just need to do one trip driving around and collecting #80 carts.:trink40:
Nice find!

I’m already asking my wife to pack her bags for a leisurely drive through the PA countryside this weekend. We are going antiquing.

“Oh honey, look at that nice old green machine. Wouldn’t that look fabulous in the garage?”

OK, I’m awake now!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Great finds Glockem. It was only a month ago when you got your Johnny Bucket and now you've got two FEL's. They are addicting trust me I've got four. The Case guys have a trick that they swap the trust washer off of the spindle with a roller thrust washer. They call it the poor mans power steering. Should work great on the 140.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts