My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Dean and I live on 10 acres in East Central Minnesota, about 70 miles south of Duluth. I'm engaged, but I call my fiancee my wife since it's easier to spell. We have two dogs and two cats and a red fox that likes to watch me mow. I have two Ford garden tractors, one Toro 210-H that I'm going to part out and a mid-80's Montgomery Wards that I want to jump over our pond with. (Cabin fever, I guess.)

I see that there's another Dean here too, Archdean. I was going to change my user name to Goldenarchdean to reflect my fast food habit, but after seeing the movie "Supersize Me" I haven't had any appetite for McDonald's food.

·
m-ODD-r8r
2,357 Posts
:Welcome: Hi Dean! :Welcome:

Sooner or later we find multiple members that share the same first name. Is it O.K. if we use "Kid Muddy', so we don't get you two confused? LOL! :fing20:

Angel

·
Off Hiatus.
1,123 Posts
But there is only one kubota chick (although there was a kubotaguy..)

Anyhoo...welcome dean...I've spent lots of time in the duluth area...and almost went to UW Superior, but saw that the temperature was a little radical for me, so I decided against it (and that big bridge...yikes)

McDonalds huh...well...as i sit here in my office i see a mcdonalds pop infront of me and decided that might make me fat just as quick as the cheeseburgers...just no supersizing it, the mediums fine as me..

and heads up, becareful to not get your self confused with the archdean...real friendly guy, but he tends to get himself in arguements, so watch it.

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Welcome aboard Kid Muddy! You will find the greatest group of folk any where on the net are members here. Join in and enjoy the discusions. We look forward to hearing more from you. :congrats:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Kid Muddy :Welcome: Glad you joined us.

Are those to Fords "His and Hers" mowers ?
They look like pretty capable machines. How about posting some pic's
of them. (the avatar is too small.)

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Kid Muddy said:
My name is Dean and I live on 10 acres in East Central Minnesota, about 70 miles south of Duluth. I'm engaged, but I call my fiancee my wife since it's easier to spell. We have two dogs and two cats and a red fox that likes to watch me mow. I have two Ford garden tractors, one Toro 210-H that I'm going to part out and a mid-80's Montgomery Wards that I want to jump over our pond with. (Cabin fever, I guess.)

I see that there's another Dean here too, Archdean. I was going to change my user name to Goldenarchdean to reflect my fast food habit, but after seeing the movie "Supersize Me" I haven't had any appetite for McDonald's food.
My name is Dean and my middle name is MUD most of the time at least here , having said that, we are really going to confuse the membership!!

Glad to meet you Dean and with that name you certainly must have a sense of humor not to mention that you have an abundance of talent., :fing20: As if !!!
PS Nice place and I recognize and applaud the hard work and genuine effort!!

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Welcome Dean! You'll find a lot of different topics and many fine folk here at MTF. :trink39:

I see you have Macs in your profile, so I just wanted to let you know that we do have a Computer Advice section. Lot's of knowledgeable folks here to discuss, advise, and troubleshoot. We even have a few Mac user's such as myself that would be glad to to discuss anything Mac.

:trink39:

·
A day ahead of y'all..
4,597 Posts
:Welcome: Dean, enjoy yourself. It's a good site with lots to share. Don't forget to tell us about your Mac setup too. I'm also one of the Mac users here.

Greg

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everybody for the welcomes.

CatDaddy, yes you can call me Kid Muddy so as not to confuse me with Archdean, lord knows I'm confused enough already. :confused:

KC, Duluth is one of my favorite cities in MN, lots of character and plenty of steep hills which are fascinating to me since I was born and raised in ND. As for McDonald's, :trink23: = :eck34:

drbailey, I got the name Kid Muddy since I'm a huge fan of Muddy Waters so when my friends and I had a blues band I picked Kid Muddy for my "blues name"

parts man, thank you and I love the sig! :OHCAN

AEGT500, my wife won't mow so both of those are "his" machines. I have pictures in the Ford section of this site.

Archdean, why yes, I do happen to have a sense of humor and I'm also superbly talented. I figure God wouldn't waste the name Dean on just any ordinary human. :fing32:

Mow and Greg, I have a rev C iMac, a PB180, two Wallstreet PB's, a 15" TiBook, and I bought my wife a 12" PB. We have an Airport Express so we can stream iTunes and also battle each other in some games. And why would a Mac user need the Computer Help area, nothing goes wrong with a Mac! :fing10:

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Kid Muddy said:
Mow and Greg, I have a rev C iMac, a PB180, two Wallstreet PB's, a 15" TiBook, and I bought my wife a 12" PB. We have an Airport Express so we can stream iTunes and also battle each other in some games. And why would a Mac user need the Computer Help area, nothing goes wrong with a Mac! :fing10:
Of course nothing goes wrong with a Mac! Just don't ask Greg about his iPhoto picture sizes. ROF

I just replaced my 5 year old iMac DV with a Mac mini and a 20" Apple Cinema Display (pictures in this thread.) Wife has 3 year old iBook with AP card, Kids have a G4 "lampshade" 17" iMac, and I just added an unused Airport card to the old iMac DV. My daughter in college has an eMac, and I gave my parents our first G4 iMac after I got tired of playing tech support to their Compaq PC -- 2 1/2 years with the iMac with only a few "how do I" or "where did this go" questions.

·
A day ahead of y'all..
4,597 Posts
Hey...ain't nuttin' wrong wit my pics! Just look! http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=487... Well, not ALL of them anyway...

Sounds like you've got quite a setup, "Muddy"! Post some pics on the forum to show off your Macs...and try to figger our why ur PC don't work... ROF :aetsch: ROF ROF

I also have a 512Ke, SE, PB 170, 630 & 635 Proforma's on the Mac side.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Kid, is the fox tame? Am real curious.

Mike

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Professor,

No, the fox isn't tame, he's just one of the many creatures that hang around our yard. We have bear, coyotes, wolves, foxes (red and gray), bobcats, buffalo (when they get loose from the farm down the road), and plenty of deer. And of course we've been overrun by these Canadian owls lately.

The fox would hang out down by our pond and just sit and watch me mow. Sometimes he'd bring a friend to watch. I'll have to remember to bring my camera with me when I mow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts