My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats the best part about being a new guy here, everybody wants to see whatcha got. Heys everybody, been looking on MTF for close to a year now and finally had to the oportunity to sign up and become a member. Hwy wait close to ayear you say. Because i didn't want to be the guy hanging around with nothing to brag about. but the time has finally arrived. I have finally brought home A 1976 Case 446 with mower deck and snowcaster, all three bought original by my wifes Grandpa. it was up at the farm when i first laid eyes on it three years ago at a family reunion and my jaw just about hit the ground walking out of the corner garage to see the most tantilizing gt i had ever seen. And due to the passing of my father-in-laws mother in march, i held off for a month for morning and finally told my father in law that i would like to have and one day restore the 446, all he told me was ok we'll go get it tommorow. well to make a long drawn out summer short of other things more important getting in the way of hauling her home we finally made it up to the farm to pick it up. I did have to purchase it from my wifes uncle who was still using it for yard maintenace. all said and done i came home with the tractor, deck, snowcaster and a military surplus plow and mount (never rigged up for the case) for $150! and yes i know it was a steal! the next day at work i sold the plow to friend for his neighbor to play with for $50. with that fiftey in hand i ordered a book from Jensales and am quite happy with it. Probly order another here shortly.

And yes i will get pictures. (just have to have my wife show me how to tranfer them).

·
Super Moderator
33,750 Posts
Welcome to the forum and sounds like you waited till you got a nice rig! Sounds like you lurked long enough to know what all the members will be expecting, but just in case you don't: :wwp: :wwp: :wwp: :wwp:

·
10K and Climbin!
12,355 Posts
:Welcome1: NDcase! Not bad!! A 446 as the first tractor?!!? Sweet! Now that we're droolin you better get momma showing you how to share pix!! :wwp:
Also share pictures of the resto because folks love to read the triumphs and tribulations of other tractor lovers!

:MTF_wel2::trink39:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Howdy, and welcome. Cool piece of family history, can't wait to see it.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:Welcome1::Welcome1: and looking forward to some pics of it. slkpk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. been itching to get some pics up but bedroom furniture has taken up my time assembling each piece after work this week. hopefully tonight's the night.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Looks like a keeper to me. Welcome to the forum.:Welcome:

·
deerhed
1,241 Posts
PERFECT Candidate for a RESTO!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nice looking machine for its age. With a new paint job, decals and some TLC, that 446 should last you a long time.

Very nice find!::fing32:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on a great find. There is no doubt that you will have many years of use with that Case. They are built to last a lifetime and then some.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts