My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Spent some time this weekend to grind and reweld the frame on the RMD 2. Just have to do 2 spots in the front but we need to find a different way to bend the frame back into position.

Reassembly will start soon :)

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Re: Another Case Of "H.A.H.N", 2nd RMD 400

Forgot to take pictures but pops and I dismounted the leaking tire and I cleaned up the rim to paint the area where the tube rides. It had lots of weld splatter from manufacturing, and the tube inside it was too small so it had about 4 patches on it. Got it remounted this morning with the right size tube and back on the tractor

The transmission is just sitting on it but the engine is bolted down and ready to test fire and dump the oil. May have a lead on an NOS transmission for it

It is ready to trade spots in the barn with the SS/16 for it to get finished up

·
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
In the hunt for a cheap transmission or even gear for it I came up empty handed. So it and the rest of the Evansville fleet are being brought into the garage for prep and the RMD 2 will be put back together with only 4 speeds. Washers will take up the space for the busted gear and the one with stripped teeth won't hurt anything. We leave for the show June 5th!

·
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Got the motor running today and it sounds great. Someone has put grease in the recoil so it was squealing so had to take it apart and clean it out. After running it I pulled the drain plug and it was black but no sludge. Transmission will be reassembled tonight and installed tomorrow! :)

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,025 Posts
Kinda makes your day when you get them running.......:thThumbsU

·
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You're moving right along, Mikey. It sounds like a late night for you tonight.
Thanks Dave, wasn't too late of a night. Put the transmission back together with fresh grease and then installed it all this morning. Just need to space the rear axle since it has some play
Kinda makes your day when you get them running.......:thThumbsU
It does Larry! The carb was been apart 3 times now and it runs great, however the jet has to be 5 turns out. Thinking someone maybe switched the jet or something since this thing has had some cobbled repairs. All the belt keeper were wrong when I got, screws missing all over, and the transmission had the wrong grease in it :hide:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts