My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a friends junk yard and as i walked in he goes there are 2 lawn boys in the dumpster over there, a commercial self propelled and another regular lawn boy. So im thinking of a rusty v series in there. Can anyone guess what was in there? Ive got a few pics that i will post in a little while after i get some guesses.

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Either a 22261 or a commercial F-engine of some sort for the commercial. How bout a quietflite or a buttercup for the regular one?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
22261 or F-engine commercial.... your killing me:ROF lets see those pictures

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
10651 ??? Or is it a 22251, well I only know of one of those and esbob has it..

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok all you guys really want to know. well...............

The find was Two 22261s. One had the tank off it( but was right next to it and the other was together. these arent missing anything and are in real nice shape. Just one needs a little paint and the other needs a wheel adjuster(thats why the wheel looks bent) and needs a bail. I have both parts. They both turn over real good so probably with a carb cleaning and coils they should start up. Both mowers have real good tread on the front and back wheels. They should be another fun project. This makes 4 22261s.

Here are some pics that i took with my phone. Not great. they look faded but are not. I didnt even clean them for the photo.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Ahhhhhh, the suspense was killing me, great finds let me know if you dont want all of them:ROF

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Holy Snikes! 22261's in the dump? Now that's just cruel and unusual punishment.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
wow, what a day eh?

I just emailed a guy about one of these, asking if he'd ship. Ain't done heard back yet.

·
Lawn-Boys and VW's
1,839 Posts
They should clean up real nice. Good job on finding not just one but two.:trink39:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Why would your friend make you pay for stuff in his dumpster? :hide:

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why would your friend make you pay for stuff in his dumpster? :hide:
lol. The guy drops off roll off dumpsters so people can dump stuff in them and then the people pay him to haul off the stuff. He then goes through the dumpster and picks out metals to scrap and then just junk. Anything that may have some value he will throw in his yard. He cleaned out everything in the dumpster except for a few mowers and some engines.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts