My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
-Brandon-
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(While I was digging up old posts):00000057: I was wondering if anyone has used a truck snow plow setup? All the mounts that come with it and the 12 Volt hydro pump, then just make brackets and mounts to attach to front of the tractor. Then without the using you 3 point you would have up, down, and side to side movement with no wenches or cables. Also free up your 3 point for weights or rear blade. I was thinking of doing this and just adding something (Beams of some sort) so the force is on the rear axles. But I’m still 6 volts so that’s a problem. Any input would be great.

·
Registered
881 Posts
(While I was digging up old posts):00000057: I was wondering if anyone has used a truck snow plow setup? All the mounts that come with it and the 12 Volt hydro pump, then just make brackets and mounts to attach to front of the tractor. Then without the using you 3 point you would have up, down, and side to side movement with no wenches or cables. Also free up your 3 point for weights or rear blade. I was thinking of doing this and just adding something (Beams of some sort) so the force is on the rear axles. But I’m still 6 volts so that’s a problem. Any input would be great.
That is an idea that has been bouncing around in my hear for some time. Never have found the right deal or I would do it.
My 1500 is 12 volt so that is not an issue. I might need to put an alternator on with more amps? Converting the 8N to 12 volt is not too hard. here are instructions on the Net. If your an 8N fan you must check out John Smith's Old Fords Website( I know he has instructions for the change).Google it. I think he is a menber here.

·
-Brandon-
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have been all over his site. Even before I bought My 8n. That's how I decided I wanted one with the Sherman up / down transmisission. Lots of great infromation. I just haven't got around to doing the conversion. Also don't really have a reason to change it from 6 to 12 volts. Everything works good. I was kinda waiting untill something went bad to give me a excuse to do the change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts