My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been anxiously awaiting the 8 hour mark so I could service the x748. This weekend, 8 hours arrives. So I am looking at the service chart under the hood and it says “8 hours - Oil and Filter (gasoline engines), 50 hours – Oil and Filter (Diesel engines).

So now I know on my diesel I have another 42 hours to go before the 1st oil change. I remember reading on this forum that some have changed the oil on a diesel at 8 hours. Why?

Also, received my “owner’s edition” JD cap yesterday. Nice! :trink39:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
My dealer had me change at 50 hours and use the JD breakin oil for another 50 hours. Changed it at 100 hours and went with the JD Plus 50. slkpk

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have been anxiously awaiting the 8 hour mark so I could service the x748. This weekend, 8 hours arrives. So I am looking at the service chart under the hood and it says “8 hours - Oil and Filter (gasoline engines), 50 hours – Oil and Filter (Diesel engines).

So now I know on my diesel I have another 42 hours to go before the 1st oil change. I remember reading on this forum that some have changed the oil on a diesel at 8 hours. Why?

Also, received my “owner’s edition” JD cap yesterday. Nice! :trink39:
50hrs or yearly if you don't put 50 hrs a year on like me.

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Did my first oil change at 12 hours just because... The theory behind the longer first oil change interval is probably that diesel oil tends to get less contamination than gas engines do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts