My Tractor Forum banner

101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Administrator
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Good progress Mike. I like "classic", and think it will look good. Also unique. So the ('71)140 being painted Ag green is not correct?
That's my understanding Dave, really doesn't mean anything though. Whatever shade of green suites you works, it's your tractor! I prefer the old green, it's darker, so that's what I wanted to use.

·
Super Moderator
11,566 Posts
Haha, now I feel right at home (Gravely made several color changes over the years). Green parts store mentioned the 1989 date, while others I just checked dispute that (just like us with Gravely colors), so I think I'll leave well enough alone. I'm still looking forward to seeing your 214 in "Classic".:fing32:

·
Administrator
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
This came in yesterday Priority Mail, $21 shipped. It's in great shape, I'm glad I went this route. So much better than cutting, welding and grinding the old one. I'll clean it up with the sand blaster next chance I get.

cowl.jpg cowl2.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
You getting along nice Mike!

·
Administrator
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Sprayed some paint this morning, been sanding and priming for a little while now and finally got to put color on a few panels. I sprayed the inside of the side covers, I'll get the fronts tonight after they bake in the sun all day. The dash tower came out pretty well, a few imperfections but nice enough that I'm not upset about it. The inside of the tower has a lot of corrosion pits in the metal, but the outside was still decent in that a little spot putty and it smoothed right out. The side with the manual lift lever has been replaced due to major corrosion (Thanks again rickdaddy7979) and is just about perfect. Hopefully get more done before the snow flies, but have another major project to start and complete very soon. After three years on hiatus my utility trailer is going to be sandblasted, refinished and redecked. Scheduled a rental 100# sandblaster and a tow behind air compressor borrowed from a friend. So, yet another reason to ignore the 214! :sidelaugh

IMG_0647.JPG IMG_0645.JPG

·
16,345 Posts
Keep chipping away at it-Mike.....Like the little engine who could---one little step/one little piece..

.......Ha--that's what I keep telling myself too, when I get bogged down on stuff --and get distracted by bright lights and shiny objects...:dunno::dunno:

·
Super Moderator
8,205 Posts
Looks great, it feels good to see them get color. I think is because it's such a difference in a short time. A couple hours in the paint booth and is completely different than before

·
Administrator
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Looking great, Mike! You're going to have one awesome tractor when it's done.

It'll have been well worth the time and effort you put into it. :fing02:
Thanks Austen, felt good to spray some paint this morning. It's been a long time since I used the spray gun!

Looks great, it feels good to see them get color. I think is because it's such a difference in a short time. A couple hours in the paint booth and is completely different than before
Thanks Nick, it does make a world of difference painted!

The inner panels turned out well. You're getting there. I've been waiting to see what the classic green looks like. I like it! :fing32:
Thanks Dave! I like the old green as well, even more so now that I see some of the panels done!

Finished the side panels this afternoon.

IMG_670.jpg

101 - 120 of 149 Posts