My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I'm parting out an M... I know that Sharkey wanted the SP and bail cables, and Timberwolf mentioned wanting the mulch plug. Aside from that I have the rest of it.

The wheels are junk, and I don't know if the trans is ok or not. The gas tank leaks and one wheel is cocked pretty bad... it needs a lot of work (and I have 2 others already) so I'm just parting it out. It is an M21EMR It has almost 150 psi of compression... 3 pulls got me that reading, cold. I never ran this mower.

Pics are attached, *--->>>please post in the thread first if<<<---* you want something... to be fair. What is left after a couple days here I'll throw on ebay.

Thanks
Bob

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,382 Posts
Hey, Bob, you going to throw in a bottle of Amsoil with each and every purchase? Looks like you have a good supply there!

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, Bob, you going to throw in a bottle of Amsoil with each and every purchase? Looks like you have a good supply there!
No... lol...

I have amsoil fluids for the transmission, front end, rear end, and transfer case of my Jeep. Just need a good day with it to change all of it. That's why it is on the work bench.

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
How much $ for the carb? Is it still there? Couldn't tell. You sure your gauge is reading right? 150 on that engine and it shoulda looked like Toby's Duraforce! A grenade in all it's glory! Unless it's heavily carboned in the dome, you shouldn't be much over 110-115 as a new engine would pull those numbers.

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like I said, I never ran this one. Looking in where the carb port is, the piston is clean and so is the cylinder. I pulled 4 pulls and got that number. It is a Snap-On gauge so I'd hope it is right.

I do have the carb, PM me an offer.

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
I've got a Lisle and most readings fall around 103-108, but I did pull 113 and 114 from my 10525 and M much to my surprise. I was beginning to think my gauge was reading low, though it's been well kept and never dropped. I keep my diagnostic tools away from heavy stuff like sockets, ratchets, etc.

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This stays in its case in a drawer next to pairs of gloves... lol.

Good running F's usually read 105-115 for me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Bob,

If none of the regulars here request it, I'd be interested in the transmission for pilfering a couple of parts (2nd gear, shift collar/spring/key).

Got an unresolved second gear problem on my 10590 and might resort to testing via part swaps. I recall a post on here (somewhere, can't find it now) stating that pretty much everything inside the tranny case on a 1059x was the same as in the M21xxx. At the very least, I could probably use it to compare wear depths, etc. to figure out my problem.

I also realize you'll probably do much better selling the tranny to someone needing the whole unit, on eBay, etc. vs. what it's worth to me (as I'm not sure *what* I need).

But, if the transmission is still left over after all is said and done, let me know.

Jon

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
You say the wheels are toast but are they this bad? If not I would take the better of the two.

I could also use the plastic muffler cover (green) How much?

·
Registered
890 Posts
I could use a coil for an M. I believe they are the same as the ones on the DF's. PM me with a price. I may think of some more parts shortly. Thanks Bob!

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the inquiries. I've had a few private messages regarding this and I'm sorting everything out based on what time people contacted me. I will get back to you guys tonight.

Bob

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So far, whats gone...

Rear wheels
Mulch plug
Flywheel brake
Oil fitting from fuel tank
Bail / SP cables
Air filter / muffler cover plastics

Still have carb, recoil / shroud, bail handles, knobs, etc etc

John, you're first inline for the coil I just need to check if it has spark as I never ran this mower.

Bob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts