My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a amt600 with the original engine and carburetor that I’m trying to get running well again. It did run well but wouldn’t idle. So I cleaned the carburetor for the 2nd time reusing gaskets with some rtv. Because the float bowl gasket is nla from jd. Says to replace with a almost $300 carburetor. So, the carb leaked after reinstalling and Wouldn’t run, looks like no gas getting to the plug.

So I want to replace the carb with an aftermarket one off eBay, they have them for newer gators for about $30.I wonder if one would fit mine and run right ? Or how about a propane carb ? Something like this. New Dual Fuel Carburetor Carb LPG Conversion kit for Generator Engine GX200 170F 715020118344 | eBay

Any ideas ? Thanks

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm not going to comment on the China carbs and your AMT. But, generically speaking, I've put two of them on 2 stroke engines I have and they worked great. One was on my Troy Built tiller. I was going to rebuild the carb, and the kit was $11. Scrolled down a bit farther and the new carb came up and it was $12. Bought the carb, it was a straight over swap. Started on the 2nd or 3rd pull, was adjusted perfect. Don't know if I just got lucky, but both of the ones I got work well, Joe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts