My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
certified tractor nut
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that this is the mf part of the forum but since i know that amf made many of the mf garden tractors i figured this was the best place to post my questions i have an amf 1414 with the amftrac hydrostatic trans but i have no idea what year it all is the model # on the tractor is 1414-01-0978
the engine is a kohler k321 s serial # d320987 spec. #..6055b
and the deck is a 42 inch cut #1425-00-1736 the tractor was my grandfathers but he didnt remember what year it was please help

·
certified tractor nut
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok so i went to kohler's website and found out that the engine is a 1968 and im going to assume that the tractor is a 68 - 70 model year but the deck is a different color than everything else so any info on that woulf be great

·
I bleed M-F red
787 Posts
I don't think Massey offered the 14 until the early to mid 70's, but maybe AMF offered them earlier? I have never even seen a AMF1414 in person, so I'm not much help. Good luck finding the info you seek.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Well, on the early model Case's that is one way we use to help identify when they were built (using the Engine #'s off of the shroud). However, that is not real accurate because you really have no idea of how long their engines sat around in inventory before it was actually installed in a tractor, and were they actually responsible in inventory rotation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts