My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in Montana and just bought an AMF 836 Lawn tractor. She needs work but I got her to fire last night. Tonight after work i in tend to pull the carb, clean it up and see is she will run on her own.

Question. Does anyone know the years AMF built these Tractors. I know it is older than 1982 because I had to pull the fly wheel and clean the points before she would fire.

It is white, and orange, with an amp meter, cigarette lighter, and comes with headlights, and a cup holder. I thought the lighter was a nice touch even know I no longer smoke. It is equipped with twin blades and has a 4 speed transmission that shifts in the floor between ones knees.
Does anyone know how to tell the year on the tag? It has a model number, and a serial number but I saw no year. Thanks for your time on this matter.

·
Farm Show
5,386 Posts
:MTF_wel2: I lived between Kalispell and Libby off of hwy.2 . Very nice country and I hope to go back! My grandpa had an AMF that I would use to mow the grass. Nice to have ya!

·
Super Moderator
33,715 Posts
John 121 I used one of those in the 70's here is the story on AMF GT's: the early/mid sixties yellow tractors were made by moto mower. then starting with the 10 they were made by badger northland in kaukana, wi which was a company owned by mf. the tractors were later made by western tool and stamping, a company owned by amf, located in des moines. the 4 digit tractors were made by snapper in georgia. early 90s are ingersoll/former case. after that its all simplicity

1 - 4 of 4 Posts