1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mowed this today since the state won't do it

It may be pushing 100% slope :drunkie:

I used a 285 :thThumbsU

·
Registered
553 Posts
If you live next to or near that area then no you're not crazy for mowing it. If you randomly stop & mow areas that need it then at least you're getting seat time! :)

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
524 Posts
I would of done it too.

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,432 Posts
Nice job. I would end up mowing it myself too...

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live next to it. Penis rock or the Phallic Monument, as the neighbors call it, on top is in my yard. The bank and flat area at the bottom belong to the state.

A lawn service guy told me it could not be cut with a rider

·
More Liberty, Less Tyrany
641 Posts
Mowed this today since the state won't do it

It may be pushing 100% slope :drunkie:

I used a 285 :thThumbsU
You're not crazy,

But I wouldn't be surprised if it played out that somehow you get grief from the state from doing it. After all you're taking away work from some union crew. That's how screwed up we've become. You take initiative to do what's right and get penalized for it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
You're not crazy,

But I wouldn't be surprised if it played out that somehow you get grief from the state from doing it. After all you're taking away work from some union crew. That's how screwed up we've become. You take initiative to do what's right and get penalized for it.

Send them a bill.....

NIck

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I mow a bank in front of my Uncles house that is at least that bad, maybe a little worse, with his Ford 3600 and a six foot Bush Hog brand finishing mower. I also mow the bank in front of my buddies shop that is definitely worse than that with his JD S82 RER. I am sitting on the side of the seat but it gets it done. In both cases the State owns both pieces but will only mow one pass right at the road.

Joe

·
Registered
889 Posts
Yep.

Andreas

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
There are some knuckleheads up the road that won't cut the 12" of grass between the sidewalk and the curb. They WILL cut their grass on there side of the sidewalk.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts