My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Member of the 0.4k Club!!
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the facts as I understand 'em today:
  1. On 7/16, the salesman gave me a quote for a B2320, FEL and 54" MMM. That was the configuration I was most interested in.
  2. On Sat 7/31, I called and accepted the quote he'd offered. He had the FEL in stock but was going to have to get the B2320 and MMM.
  3. Couple weeks later, he calls to tell me the B2320 is in and put together but the FEL that he thought he had was, in fact, sold so he'd need to still get that plus the MMM.
  4. Today (8/26), the dealer calls with a "progress report" telling me he now has the FEL & tractor all put together but just hasn't been able to find the MMM in any of Kubota's warehouses. The were putting a production run together today or tomorrow, so I should have it sometime next week.

Where I thought that, by now, I'd be able to announce a happy new arrival to the rest of those of us who like Kubota, I'm finding instead that, as my son puts, I smell a dirty diaper. I'd be awfully surprised - assuming this dealer has any connections at all with other dealers - that these three pieces of equipment couldn't be found *somewhere* in the US dealer network. Yes, I know that this time of year, this equipment is getting in short supply. I also know the economy has things moving a little slower than normal.

Am I being unreasonable in expecting a little better performance out of this dealer. Or am I just getting tired of hearing "we should have it in the next week or two", and over-reacting.

Would be interested in your thoughts. Many of you have bought "new". Was it this much trouble to put a deal together?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

·
Banned
2 Posts
it happens sometimes yes it gets very annoying To hear next week 3 weeks in a row ...I have to deal with back orders all the time and some days it makes you want to smash something ..It will show up just relax and dont let it get to you ...There isnt much they can do and nether can you

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
If you can pin him down to a hard date you can say "If it's not in by then I don't want it" !

I bet he starts moving then !

I mean really it's been close to a month and they can get it together, ,maybe they don't need your money ?

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
John, I've heard of similar dealer dealings so it's not unusual although it's definitely not a good way for that dealer treat his paying customers. Kubota may have scaled back production due to the economy so it's quite possible it's not just a case of the dealer not keeping his stock up. These are big ticket items and it's not unusual for them not to keep many in stock although an FEL & MMM in the B class are very common implements to be included w/the tractor as a pkg.

I don't believe you'd be unreasonable to speak w/the dealer and request a firm date and perhaps some sort of compensation. I normally try to be pleasent in my business dealings but unfortunately sometimes the wheel has to sqeak inorder to get some grease.
Dave

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
John, I've heard of similar dealer dealings so it's not unusual although it's definitely not a good way for that dealer treat his paying customers. Kubota may have scaled back production due to the economy so it's quite possible it's not just a case of the dealer not keeping his stock up. These are big ticket items and it's not unusual for them not to keep many in stock although an FEL & MMM in the B class are very common implements to be included w/the tractor as a pkg.

I don't believe you'd be unreasonable to speak w/the dealer and request a firm date and perhaps some sort of compensation. I normally try to be pleasent in my business dealings but unfortunately sometimes the wheel has to sqeak inorder to get some grease.
Dave
So true

·
Registered
81 Posts
You have been patient. Maybe a trip to the dealer to show how impatient you are getting with each passing day. Take a look around first and see what they have around that might help you keep your patience by sweetening the deal... box scraper, extra set of tires, or maybe just some extra oil and a filter and new kubota ball cap.

·
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have been patient. Maybe a trip to the dealer to show how impatient you are getting with each passing day. Take a look around first and see what they have around that might help you keep your patience by sweetening the deal... box scraper, extra set of tires, or maybe just some extra oil and a filter and new kubota ball cap.
Actually, I was thinking a tiller might make me feel a little better about the deal! :)

Thank you all for your comments & suggestions. Coming back to the "real world" after 3 days on the Gulf Coast near Corpus Christi didn't put me in the best frame of mind, so I probably was just venting. It'll all work out.

Thanks again, to all.

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
Patience always pays off John. (Now if only I can practice that) :DCan't wait to see the pics.:fing32:

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
If ya have a truck.. go ask how its coming along.. if they say next week again be sure you already have a jd loaded in your truck for a test at your place and see if they can find second gear on finding your stuff.. Now... keep in mind if these guys are going to do your service and warrenty.. are they this slow in the service end of things also.....

·
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
.. Now... keep in mind if these guys are going to do your service and warrenty.. are they this slow in the service end of things also.....
Yep, very good point. "Sometime next week" would get old fast. Thanks for weighing in, T_G!

·
Registered
21 Posts
John, One week is being patient, two weeks is being very tolerant, four weeks plus, the dealer does not respect you, your money or your time. I think dealer support is a significant part of a new tractor purchase. If you are frustrated now, how are you going to feel after putting down the cash on the new tractor and then have to wait a month to get it repaired if something goes wrong? I would find another dealer.

·
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: End of the tale (was: Am I being unreasonable?)

Well, the end of the saga:

I tried to stick to the 'tact & diplomacy route' and make allowances for end-of-summer low inventory levels, low production runs by Kubota due to the lousy economy, etc. And the salesman *did* make some efforts to keep me informed.

Don't know whether it paid off or not, but I took delivery yesterday of a B2320 w/ FEL, 54" MMM and a 4' box blade .. and I haven't even taken time yet to start it! Plan to do some playing this weekend, and get to know it a little. After some book time with the manuals.

And, of course, pix will be coming soon!

Thanks to all of you who weighed in with opinions, suggestions, etc. Guess I need to change my sig after I get this posted.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Congrats on the new tool (toy), you'll be glad you stuck it out as the Kubota is a nice machine. It took me some time to start using mine but once you do its addicting, as is finding new attachments to buy or make! Also did you get the HST or gear drive?

Brad

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor! I have an old B7100 that is one tough tractor; it is not pretty, but it just keeps on going and going. The B2320 is a nice tractor. Glad the dealer came through for you.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
How about some pics of this bad boy after the long wait. slkpk

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
John congrats! You are going about it the right way. Read up on that manual completely and like slkpk says, send us some pics of that bad boy!:fing32:

·
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats on the new tool (toy), you'll be glad you stuck it out as the Kubota is a nice machine. It took me some time to start using mine but once you do its addicting, as is finding new attachments to buy or make! Also did you get the HST or gear drive?

Brad
Thanks, Brad. Yep, I'm pretty sold on Kubota. My only issue became "which dealer?" Got the HST, by the way. First one of those I've used, and I do believe I'm gonna like it a lot! (But what do I know? I'm only up to a whopping 0.9 hrs on the Hobbs!) Right now, it's booktime. I'm trying to figure out how to get the MMM up in the "transport" position. Dang pin holes are misaligned by about 1/16" and - short of using a hammer - those pins just aren't gonna go in. I'll get it, though, just have to be patient. (Where have I heard that before?) :)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Don't worry those hrs will start rolling, and before you know it you'll be servicing it! I love my hst. especially with the loader, saves alot of time. I don't have a MMM so can't help ya there. You have anymore attachments planned for the near future yat?

Brad

1 - 20 of 20 Posts