My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original DD13 carb on this engine (on an 8163T i think) is broken - interior pieces of the casting are broken - and I'm having a heck of a time finding the right substitute. I've looked at the Nikki for the B48 and P series but they have a much bigger mounting base which doesn't fit my intake.

I'd put an original carb on there but those cost $300...

Any ideas? Will the B48 intake fit a B43? Boomer?

Thanks!

·
Gravely1964
3,952 Posts
Yup intake mounting is the same 43 and up into the P series. Get one off of a P216 will be same horse power

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve. Looks like an adapter plate is the missing link between that intake and the Nikki style carbs. Fleabay to the rescue again!

·
Gravely1964
3,952 Posts
Yes you can buy the adapter or switch the whole intake and carb. That choice is yours lol

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks again for the info. I found an adapter for $20 and already had a new carb so that's what we'll use. Found old pictures and it is an 8162 I think. I bought this thing out of a mud pit in Alabama then Frankensteined a different frame on it and sold it to a friend. He let it sit when the Marvel Shebler carb went wonky so now he's paying me to rebuild it. Already about $675 in parts cause I got him newish wheel hubs and a plastic fuel tank. I've got a few pictures I should post up including some original ones from when I first got it and cleaned off all the mud.

·
Registered
842 Posts
So what carb did you end up buying? I got my DD13 working after I bought my 8163-T but it's good to know just in case. Also, let us know if you think it runs better with new vs old carb (assuming you ran it with the old carb).

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll get the carb on this weekend and see. Its just a Nikki knockoff. Might have to fab or find an airbox for it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts