My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, first productive thing i try and do today and it goes wrong.

Was gonna do some work on my sears, but my roommates festiva was in the way. So I hook up the chain and drug it up the driveway. Set the parking brake and unhooked the tractor. Well, the moment I did, the car started rolling down the hill. I chased after it and got my foot on the clutch pedal but not the brake...but did manage to turn the wheel.

Good news? Missed the garage door and the house is still standing. Also missed the lights on the car.

Bad news? Its not my car and now there is a nice dent in the federally mandated bookshelf on the front.

Yes I was completely sober, but running off of 3 hours of sleep...guess thats how I forgot the parking brake doesnt work.

I made steaks for when he gets home...so hopefully he wont be too mad...it is just a $500 beater after all. :banghead3:banghead3

oh...and looking out my window, I see it ran over several parts I had sitting there that go to the cressida... lovely.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
That sucks Jon. At least you did not hit the house. I hate to say it but I wish I was there to see this.:trink39: The Festiva can handle one more dent. Heck look at the drivers side.

·
Super Moderator
33,777 Posts
If you can get some rust to develop before he gets home he may not even notice it's new!!! :ROF

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well...all turned out well. I might take a picture tomorrow. Matt, thats exactly what he said... It can handle another dent, as long as Im getting 40 miles a gallon I dont care how it looks. haha.

Still feel bad about it.

·
NOT ENOUGH MUD OR SNOW!!!
725 Posts
Jon, at least you or someone else didn't get hurt. I went on a tow with a rollback and hooked up to the winch but didn't have the winch lock engaged yet when the customer hollars out, GOT HER IN NEUTRAL FOR YA!!!, after I said I would take care of it and he can go sit it the truck. The car started to roll down the hill and the open door knocked him over. I threw the engagement on the winch and it locked in. It did tear up the lock pawls but stopped it from running into traffic and possibly injuring someone. He was uninjured and dazed. He said he should have listened to what I said.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats scary...

I did bruise my arm but thats about it. apparently theres something rattling in the car, and the light isnt shining straight ahead anymore...thats ok, Ill pull it out eventually.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts