My Tractor Forum banner

Allis Chamlers Sno bee help

8838 Views 17 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Glenn Berndt
Hi all... I recently acquired a allis chamlers sno bee snow blower.

Its two stage, has a briggs and straton engine and i got it running like a champ.

I was wondering how i can tell more things about the unit - age, hp etc.. cause I may need to get a manual and maybe a belt or two for it.

I plan on ripping it apart tomorrow to take a look in there, I know i need to fix the pull rope assembly and also it may need a drive belt cause it slips under heavy load.

any ideas would be great - this thing is a tank

kenny
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
whats the code # for the engine? and does the engine look original?
rusty... here is some pictures...

http://s376.photobucket.com/albums/oo206/mercury45/Snobee Snowblower/

Here is a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUHtkLOmugc

The numbers off the machine are as follows:

Sno bee 7 7 hp

on plate:
Model Sno-bee
Serial# 7-001356

I cannot find any other numbers, engine looks original
Look up agri-con manuals. Type in allis chalmers sno-bee snowblower and it will bring up a sales brocure of it looks like your model. If I read it right it has a 8hp Briggs motor on it. Best I could find. Good luck, looks like a neat project.:thThumbsU
the #s for the engine are usually stamped it to a peice of the engine like the sides of the block or any flat peice of medal
thanks all rusty i looked all over and could not find anything.

Today i fixed the pull rope, she runs and goes great, i found that if i buried it in deep snow the belts would slip (makes sense cause the belts are not protected from deep snow)

the only problem i see in the future is possibly new belts, ill cross that bridge when i get to it

kenny
Hi all, im back...

Let me ask a few things.... today i had the auger belt slip off the main pully.... why? Cause the main bearing for the auger is a disaster.

I want to fix the snow blower by installing a new bearing if necessary but I do not have a manual or parts list.... was wondering where i can find parts for the old sno bee and if i can.

Does allis chamlers still support it?

kenny
s376.photobucket.com/albums/oo206/mercury45/Snobee%20Snowblower/

need some parts hehe
UPDATE:

I bought all the bearings and pulley i need

only problem is i mangled the shaft that drives the auger, so the pully rides crooked on there and the belt slips off.... SOB i was so close.... now $80 later in parts the belt slips off....

I need to weigh my options now, maybe theres a augar shaft somewhere out there for this model

kenny
Have you tried Simplicity for a source of parts?
i have not, are they the same?
Have you tried Simplicity for a source of parts?
Cool. I think it's pretty funny it ended up in the 'big tractors' section. lol.

I found a parts catalog...
link
thanks for the link, mine is a 7HP maybe ill look for manuals for that, but was trying not to spend moiney i did not have to, im going to try some things with the pully then maybe ill look up the shaft if that dont work

kenny
Yes more then likley there is the same snowblower in Simplicity that matches the Allis.Allis Chalmers was Simplicity for many years.
Mercury,

I don't know if this is the one but try this link to Partstree. It showed a parts manual and will tell you if the part is available or at least part #'s

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=simplicity&
mn=1690673+-+724%2C+7HP+24%22+Snowthrower+-+1979

It is not a link. I went to partstree.com then you see a bunch of logos. Pick Simplicity.

Next choice was Allis Chalmers. Then snowblowers walkbehind. Then I chose I think it was 24" 7HP.

Hope this might help
tomo7434
good call... also the sno-away is very similiar i downloaded some pdf's this helps ALOT thanks

Kenny
Mercury,

I don't know if this is the one but try this link to Partstree. It showed a parts manual and will tell you if the part is available or at least part #'s

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=simplicity&
mn=1690673+-+724%2C+7HP+24%22+Snowthrower+-+1979

It is not a link. I went to partstree.com then you see a bunch of logos. Pick Simplicity.

Next choice was Allis Chalmers. Then snowblowers walkbehind. Then I chose I think it was 24" 7HP.

Hope this might help
tomo7434
Actually the one that looks the closest is the snow away 7 26" clearing path.... allis chamlers looks totally different then what I have... weird.

kenny
I bought this A-C snow blower brand new and is all original and works great. Used it this morning and started on first pull!
whats the code # for the engine? and does the engine look original?
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.