My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

This would be my first AC GT.
Are there any good, or bad models, easy to get parts for?
What is the app value of this unit? I really dont have a clue? But i like it.
:thanku:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I give up.. No one has an opinion on this tractor.
I have been to the simplicity websites, the yahoo group, tractor data, etc.
I am really looking for another owners opinion on this tractor. If I dont hear anything by the end of today, I will probably pass on the tractor. I simply just dont know enough about it.

Please help ...

·
-
1,829 Posts
I don't own one but I've eyeballed them as a future purchase.

I think they're neat tractors, I believe you can still find parts around, and they're good quality tough machines from what I know. I'm not aware of any bad models, Simplicity/AC is well respected.

Don't know about the price though.

If you go look at it I'd check out that dark area on the transaxle and the one on the righthand axle that look like they might be leaks of some sort. Could just be time to replace the axle seal and do some maintenance on the rear end.

If you're at all mechanically inclined it can be fun to work on these old beasts and learn how they work, plus breath new life into them. They will last a long time.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks PigBear. I am going to look at it this evening. If the price is right, I will take it. Most of these old machines will require some work as expected.
If I do grab it, I will clean it up this weekend and post better pics on Monday.

Have a good weekend.:trink39:

·
-
1,829 Posts
No problem, and good luck!

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have this tractor restored..they are a great tractor...they are not GT's..the AC is easier to repower with current replacement engine...get it running and mow with it...great find...value?..i dunno..needing work may be $200 tops..running..$400 sounds reasonable...

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
The B-207 is a fairly small tractor. It pivots in the center like a Simplicity Broadmoor does. Make sure the pivot point isn't froze, they can be quite the pain to free up. As far as parts you can probably still get transmission parts (its made by peerless), belts, and most engine parts will be available. My guess on price for the unit as-pictured, would be nothing over $200, I'd expect it to go for under $200 if sold on ebay.

·
What happened?
638 Posts
By the looks of the casting, it is NOT the same transaxle that would be found in the Serf, Yeoman, and Broadmoor. Forget about adding any rear PTO attachments that would be compatible with the Simplicities.

It IS a nice looking tractor and more rare than the orange counterparts. I had even searched for one to buy, but after seeing the different tranny, I backed out.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Warning!!! Lots of photos
Ok, here she is cleaned up. I could not leave her behind, and I think the price was right. Here is everything I got for my 120.00 :)
I believe the Engine should be 170700 to original. The engine in this is makred, 170701.
I am unable to read the S\N on the rear fender.
If anyone knows where I can obtain a manual, please let me know. If there are any other owners out there, PM me. I would like to find out what is missing and what is not original. I did not start it as the gas tank is gummed and rusted. I did spray a bit of starting fluid in the carb and it fired right up.
Attachments look to be in descent shape, deck spins nicely.
Please feel free to comment. :) Enjoy

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow! That's a great find for $120!! You will be more than happy once you get it sorted out. A couple little tidbits for you:
1. I would take the covers off the top of the mower deck and make sure it's clean under there. Water gets trapped in there (along with leaves and debris)
and allows rust to form quickly. Clean it good and maybe spray some paint in there to protect it.

2. You might try Seafoam in the gas tank to clean it and the fuel lines.
3. There are threads on this forum that will help you find the manuals for it.
Do a search and you should be able to find it.

Good luck!!:trink40:

·
Simplicity Benn
1,574 Posts
looks like its missing the hood scoop type thing from the hood. but by the looks of the hood it looks like it never had one... is there any body filler showing through on the other side of the hood? you'll wanna make sure the center pivoting joint is free and working. the transaxle is shared with the broadmoor and looks like it may have came from one, hence the simplicity red paint. looks like a great score all in all. not to maybe people have these, i consider them to be somewhat of a rarity, hang on to it for a while!:thThumbsU

edit has anyone showed you to this site yet??? lots of info here. http://www.simpletractors.com/
http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/portal_content.asp

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks like its missing the hood scoop type thing from the hood. but by the looks of the hood it looks like it never had one... is there any body filler showing through on the other side of the hood? you'll wanna make sure the center pivoting joint is free and working. the transaxle is shared with the broadmoor and looks like it may have came from one, hence the simplicity red paint. looks like a great score all in all. not to maybe people have these, i consider them to be somewhat of a rarity, hang on to it for a while!:thThumbsU

edit has anyone showed you to this site yet??? lots of info here. http://www.simpletractors.com/
http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/portal_content.asp

Thanks Benn,

The PO says he bought it new, and that is the way it came.
He says it did not have a hood scoop. I was wondering because the hood scoop had the shift pattern on it. This tractor already has the shift pattern just below the dash. Why would they have it twice? What was the purpose of that hood scoop?
Also, can you or anyone else tell me about the rod connecting the steering in the 3rd photo from the bottom, in the post above. It looks bent, is that the way it is supposed to be?

·
Super Moderator
32,709 Posts
Wow, that is a nice looking tractor and the implements are in great shape too! Great find on that one!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow! That's a great find for $120!! You will be more than happy once you get it sorted out. A couple little tidbits for you:
1. I would take the covers off the top of the mower deck and make sure it's clean under there. Water gets trapped in there (along with leaves and debris)
and allows rust to form quickly. Clean it good and maybe spray some paint in there to protect it.

2. You might try Seafoam in the gas tank to clean it and the fuel lines.
3. There are threads on this forum that will help you find the manuals for it.
Do a search and you should be able to find it.

Good luck!!:trink40:
Thanks for the tips mate :trink40: I will pull the deck apart this weekend and get some Seafoam for the tank.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Wow, the implements were worth more than you paid, the center grader is pretty hard to find. Another plus is that you still have the original engine with the starter generator, many of these tractors had them swapped out for newer engines. The peerless trans was never on the Simplicity models, and IMO is a better-built trans, even though it has no power take off. PTO implements for the Broadmoors are very hard to find. The hood risers were only on the very first year of 207's. At that time they also had the armrest type seat. Later on the 208 and 208 Super's were introduced and came with the fancier hood and seat. I have an early 207 with the hood riser that I'm working on getting going right now. I just had to have it because its like a baby brother to my larger B-110 tractors.

http://www.simpletractors.com/models/b_series/b-207/b-207.htm

Here is a web-version of the original owners manual which also explains the differences in the variations of the B-207 models.

http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/b-207_b-208.htm

Enjoy your new tractor!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, the implements were worth more than you paid, the center grader is pretty hard to find. Another plus is that you still have the original engine with the starter generator, many of these tractors had them swapped out for newer engines. The peerless trans was never on the Simplicity models, and IMO is a better-built trans, even though it has no power take off. PTO implements for the Broadmoors are very hard to find. The hood risers were only on the very first year of 207's. At that time they also had the armrest type seat. Later on the 208 and 208 Super's were introduced and came with the fancier hood and seat. I have an early 207 with the hood riser that I'm working on getting going right now. I just had to have it because its like a baby brother to my larger B-110 tractors.

http://www.simpletractors.com/models/b_series/b-207/b-207.htm

Here is a web-version of the original owners manual which also explains the differences in the variations of the B-207 models.

http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/b-207_b-208.htm

Enjoy your new tractor!
After checking the links you sent me.. All of the 207 tractors look like they have a straight rod going from the steering.
This is the only pic i see that looks more like the rod on my tractor. http://www.simpletractors.com/models/b_series/b-208_210_212.htm

What about that engine in mine, 170701, did they use that in the 207 as well?

What Engine number was used in the 208?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
The 208 used an 8hp engine, not sure of the whole model # off hand but the first two digits are 19 as the 7hp was 17 cubic inch displacement and the 8hp was 19 cubic inch displacement.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The 208 used an 8hp engine, not sure of the whole model # off hand but the first two digits are 19 as the 7hp was 17 cubic inch displacement and the 8hp was 19 cubic inch displacement.
I am starting to think the 207 used the 170700, and the 207 E used the 170701. Perhaps the 1 simply means electric start. I say this because the PO says it is the original motor. Thats just my guess.

Any idea about that curved steering rod? Not sure it is correct???
:thanku:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
The arm isn't supposed to be totally straight but yours is bent more than its supposed to be. When I get a chance I'll try to shoot a pic of what its supposed to be like.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts