My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured this was a good way to add help comments , and be easy to find for others.
1) Ive got my frame almost free so I can blast it and prime/paint, but how do you remove the brake /clutch pedal from the frame? I removed the shaft assembly from inside of the frame, but the pedal does not slide out of the tube connecting it to the inside of the frame. I tried to find a drawing of what could be holding it, but the exploded drawing just says a washer.:dunno:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sounds like there is a lip that grooved itself. Or it bent and cant slip through the bushings. Its just a shaft. In a tube with 2 bushings. I would say tap it with a hammer. Dont beat it out unless you get ******.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advise, I see the bushings, but looks like it had a allen screw inside the bushing for tension, but that is rusted solid..I may have to take my grinder to it and see if I can cut the bushing off and then tap it through after a good soak with wd-40...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sounds like the set screw, on the pivot that links to the brake/clutch link, dug into the pedals shaft and is digging into the bushings. Take a file to that deformation and re round it. I bet that is what is locking it up. Cup point set screws do this. Otherwise take the pedal and rotate and pull over and over. It should work its way out.

Sent from the MTF Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts