My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently working on giving my Allis a much needed facelift. As you can see in the first picture it has been painted before. I am not going for completely original, more of a clean it up and paint it approach. When it is done it has to go back to work in the garden with the cultivator and plow so no sense making it to nice!

Attachments

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
ROFLMAO!!! No sense in making it too nice??! That stripped down and painted yellow running gear looks pretty nice to me! Good job on it, so far! I have a Bolens I need to do that "not to nice" type of paint job!

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Looking good so far. slkpk

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys

Not much different, engine painted and installed. Also have the rear wheels ready. Just waiting for a couple seals for the right angle drive to come in so I can bolt the tranny on. Figured I had it apart should change the seals so I don't have a leak later on.

Attachments

·
Always Learning
2,158 Posts
Wowz.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got some more done today. Right angle drive back together let me put the transmission on. Looking more like a tractor all the time. I will say that is alot of yellow on these tractors.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Is there any hope for this one? Not sure if it is the same model. It does run. The guy is asking 85.00. A bit on the ugly side?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there any hope for this one? Not sure if it is the same model. It does run. The guy is asking 85.00. A bit on the ugly side?
Buy it!
I would say it is in better shape than what I started with. What is on the back, some kind of lift boom?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Buy it!
I would say it is in better shape than what I started with. What is on the back, some kind of lift boom?

Some type of engine hoist on the back.
Is this thing a B1? The engine says 23 D or something.. does that sound correct?

BTW, it has no addtional sheet metal than you see in the photo :(

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some type of engine hoist on the back.
Is this thing a B1? The engine says 23 D or something.. does that sound correct?

BTW, it has no addtional sheet metal than you see in the photo :(
My B1 has a model 19, I am no expert but I would guess B10?
I have seen sheet metal on ebay for these tractors

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here it is almost finished
Just need to paint the steering wheel and maybe the back of the seat white also. Wait a few days and see if anyone gives me the position of the decals for this and call it done!

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Looks great and very timely. slkpk

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys:thanku:
Now if there was only a way to get a sickle mower for this thing:praying:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Denm,

Love that Bolens in your avatar. Is that a 56? I have a 59 or 60 with the k161. Need a coil for it :( NLA
The Bolens is a '58 with a Kohler K160, good luck getting parts for this. When I got it the coil was shot so I ended up switching it to the K161 style coil and flywheel. If you can't get the coil put a 12 volt coil on it, it will work better than original, I run mine that way until I came up with the K161 parts :thThumbsU

1 - 17 of 17 Posts