My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys anyone know the method to determine other than by elimination if my governor is bad.
My B (which I just bought) runs good until under a load then goes high RPM - low RPM - high RPM - low RPM

Thanks

·
Retired - Veteran Mod
6,791 Posts
I'd start off by checking your fuel delivery (filters, lines, no vacuum lock in the tank, etc) and your air cleaner. Follow that up with a good carb cleaning and adjustment.

Next check your linkages for play and visually check the governor for operation (I've never worked on a B... I don't know where the governor is... or how it works, offhand).

If fuel and air is good... linkages are right... then I'd have to assume the governor is a problem.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey dere;

Way to check the B's governor is to run it at idle, and pull on the linkage. It should "fight" you a little, then you know it working. If it 's okay, the look at the magneto, if it's got one , car, or loose wire. I had my b for years and it is one of the best machines I ever had.!

Hey guys anyone know the method to determine other than by elimination if my governor is bad.
My B (which I just bought) runs good until under a load then goes high RPM - low RPM - high RPM - low RPM

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts