My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a allis 920 with the lombardini engine amd having a hard time finding parts for the engine are there any good sources I think it needs valve guides lot of play in the vavles smokes some but a lot of white like the timing is wrong but some blue smoke any thing I need to know or where to find parts would help thanks for your time

·
Registered
179 Posts
I dont know much myself about the 920 tractors, but have never heard good things about them. Sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. I know Pulltilbroke on this site has a couple of them, maybe you could see if he has any leads on parts?

~Ed

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought it at a good price so I dont feel bad but yea got to get it fixed

·
No Deeres here
315 Posts
These Lombardinis do smoke a little, its just the nature of the beast.

I have yet to find a good parts source.I've never really needed any hard parts yet. I have gotten filters and the Like from a Local Small engine outdoor power store but you got to have the part numbers.

BTW Kohler now owns Lombardini.

I'll see what I can come up with parts wise and keep you posted.

I also have the parts manual and service manual in PDF form if your interested, PM me your email and I'll dig em up and send em your way.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Search a little, they are an industrial engine, and are fairly popular. My AC dealer could get me any parts I needed, although I saved about $400 on a starter, by looking online. The fuel injection system is Bosch, and I have a Bosch dealer very close who could get me parts for that.
Here's one; http://www.powertechengines.com/Lombardini.html
The white smoke might be low compression, do a compression test.
Cold, they will smoke, when it warms up it should pretty much clear up.
One more thing,
on the moparguy thing, pulltilbroke and I are also.

·
No Deeres here
315 Posts
Thanks for the Link Matt, It is now bookmarked.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I removed the front valve cover and found the valve can move around in the guide and after a better look lot of oil coming out the muffler runs about 20 psi oil pressure when warm it smokes bad killed all the bugs that was with in 30 ft of it lol going to get in to it deeper tommorrow trying to switch everything to diesel my 91 cummins 4x4 5speed laid down 308 rwhp on a 100 degree day with 724 ft pounds of torgue and gets 22mpgs gotta love a diesel lets see a gasser do that lol thanks guys I keep ya posted on the tractor it been sitting a long time some seat time might help

·
Registered
316 Posts
This is where I found a starter; http://fleetalternatorstarter.com/
New, updated, gear reduction, and less than half the price of the dealer one. It never started so easy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think a gasket set and a set of rings my be my best bet if I can find them I should be ok I can make a valve guide in the shop the valve on the front cylinder moves around about a 1/16th of an inch but the rest r.tight as new well I need valve seals but I might have something in my boxes of parts from other stuff still rebuilding my powerking to busy me lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Two bad valve guides wore out rings and a cracked piston amazing it run at all trying to find pistons now got rings and the valve guides here all ready waiting on the rod bearings to makes my wallet cry buying parts for it lol my injector lines are leaking around the seats in the pump in any info on the copper washers would be very helpful thanks

·
No Deeres here
315 Posts
Just pull the coppers out and take em to your local pump shop, they should be able to match em up

·
Ever Working
120 Posts
Two bad valve guides wore out rings and a cracked piston amazing it run at all trying to find pistons now got rings and the valve guides here all ready waiting on the rod bearings to makes my wallet cry buying parts for it lol my injector lines are leaking around the seats in the pump in any info on the copper washers would be very helpful thanks
I remember reading someplace someone used pistons and/or rings from a diesel nissan or something I'll see if I can find it.

·
Old Iron 1%er
873 Posts
mmmm... diesels...
http://youtu.be/7368eCCwr6A

/\ nothing sounds better than a Screamin' Detroit :) Video is kind of boring... just turn up the speakers and putter around on here and enjoy the 'music'.

·
Ever Working
120 Posts
Okay.....
I found the part number for rings.
SEALED POWER E594KC
They're actually for a Mazda, I found it on another tractor forum.
Another snippet.
gasket set from http://www.m-and-d.com/

If I had it to do over, I would probably get my parts from Blue Ridge Diesel ( http://www.blueridgediesel.com/ ). Parts guy is Elton Wright. The kit that I got from M&D had the wrong seals for the push rod tubes. If I did it again, I would buy the seals that I needed and not the kit since I didn't need lots of the seals. Besides replacing the oil pan seal, I didn't mess with anything below the cylinder jugs since I have not leaks on the front or back of the crank shaft.

Here's a link that helped me : http://freemansgarage.com/blog/?p=272
Hope that helps.
The one more thing is you get rings for a 4 cylinder engine so you have an extra set in future if you need it. :trink39:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
New valve guides and new rings fixed the smoking issue now just got to get it to charge and fix the rough idle and surging seems like a timing issue the copper washers wasnt in my pump I had o rings that I replaced and the fuel leak stopped lot more power than before but still think it needs something to make it right has to be the timing the bore is 86mm I got the measurements on the rings if anybody needs them bout 30 bucks shipping and all for 2 sets from hastings

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got it all back together but it is missing on the rear cylinder something to do with the fueling dont seam like it has the pressure at the injector that it should have any indeas

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any body got a diagram of the pump it might help

·
Registered
89 Posts
:howdy:Just figured i would chime in.....Thats a nice 920, i have a 7790 in my fleet, with a 46 inch snow plow, and mower deck, and i love it! I too have had a hard time finding parts, mine smokes just like all the other ones that i have read about. I just finished restoring my cub cadet 782d, diesel, and have to pick another one to do. I already did 2 cub restorations, maybe the 7790 will be next, atleast a paint job anyway!!Brett in the pocono's

1 - 18 of 18 Posts