My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Has anyone ever heard of a Craftsman LT or GT with all wheel steering? I have a chance to pick one up cheap, but, I never heard a Craftsman with AWS, but there are a lot of things that I never heard of. lol So, is this an actual beast? And what would it be worth?

Bob

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
yeah they built all wheel steer lawn tractors, not uncommon, but not as common as standard steer. i think there may of been issues. didnt make a very long run

·
Banned
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks SS. I didn't know they had issues. I was just thinking out loud, maybe find 2 of these, make a 4wd garden tractor, but, being an LT, it probably wouldn't stand up to what I would do with it. lol
Come to find out, Murray also had AWS. Don't know if it was the GT or the LT, tho. Hmmmm....

Anyhow, if anyone is interested, http://houston.craigslist.org/for/1962442857.html

Bob

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Thanks SS. I didn't know they had issues. I was just thinking out loud, maybe find 2 of these, make a 4wd garden tractor, but, being an LT, it probably wouldn't stand up to what I would do with it. lol
Come to find out, Murray also had AWS. Don't know if it was the GT or the LT, tho. Hmmmm....

Anyhow, if anyone is interested, http://houston.craigslist.org/for/1962442857.html

Bob
i think they were all light duty riders.

·
Josh
425 Posts
I had one a couple years back... craftsman AWS. It could have just been mine, but is was very hard to drive because with the slop in the linkage it would dog track and over correct, etc, etc. If you can imagine the slop that a normal craftsman has in the front steering and then add that same to the rear, you have their great AWS system! Just try getting close to something you value more than an old tree stump and triming around it... it was always fun guessing which way it would try to turn next.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts