My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What you might call an all purpose bike.

·
Rustyj
260 Posts
Rusty Jones

I have a 1982 Honda 450-A with 18,000 miles on it. I'm not sure if i'm going to ride it any more or not! After all, how many 80 yr. old guys are out there still riding?
I still have all my faculties (My wife doesn't think so) (Well, all but that one) but i'm kind of thinking of selling the bike!
The 450 A is the one with the torque-converter transmission in it. Not a centrifugal clutch like the Cushman scooters! I bought it because of my wood foot on the left side, which makes shifting a standard mc tranny rather difficult! The thing of looking down to see where yer foot is, makes a standard shift bike fairly daunting! I made up a hand gear shift handle to shift out of neutral into low or high!! Works good!
My 1936 Indian Chief, hiway patrol bike, which i bought when i got out of the service, had 3 speeds and neutral. I fixed the clutch so it worked like a car clutch pedal! But, i had to sell it when i bought our home! RATS! That bike is worth a fortune now!
by: Rusty Jones

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rusty Jones said:
I have a 1982 Honda 450-A with 18,000 miles on it. I'm not sure if i'm going to ride it any more or not! After all, how many 80 yr. old guys are out there still riding?
I still have all my faculties (My wife doesn't think so) (Well, all but that one) but i'm kind of thinking of selling the bike!
The 450 A is the one with the torque-converter transmission in it. Not a centrifugal clutch like the Cushman scooters! I bought it because of my wood foot on the left side, which makes shifting a standard mc tranny rather difficult! The thing of looking down to see where yer foot is, makes a standard shift bike fairly daunting! I made up a hand gear shift handle to shift out of neutral into low or high!! Works good!
My 1936 Indian Chief, hiway patrol bike, which i bought when i got out of the service, had 3 speeds and neutral. I fixed the clutch so it worked like a car clutch pedal! But, i had to sell it when i bought our home! RATS! That bike is worth a fortune now!
by: Rusty Jones

I would love to see pics of the 450 and the Indian Chief Rusty.

Durwood

1 - 4 of 4 Posts