My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Turns out my newest 10550 might not a tune-up afterall. It seems as if the air vane will not move freely, therefor, will not throttle up.

Not sure what could be wrong, please help if you could.

Thanks.

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,788 Posts
Its a pretty common problem with that bloody plastic carb. You can try a brand new carb but even that is no guarantee. Be sure not to torque unevenly or overtorque the carb bolts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a pretty common problem with that bloody plastic carb. You can try a brand new carb but even that is no guarantee. Be sure not to torque unevenly or overtorque the carb bolts
So, this might be more serious than just an air vane, such as the whole carb being toast?

The carb bolts were quite loose when I took them out, and they wouldn't go too tight.

·
4,788 Posts
Happens to most of mine. I just ignore it. They cut just fine without modulation because when they stick they are reving full throttle and I cut my grass often so its not a foot deep.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Happens to most of mine. I just ignore it. They cut just fine without modulation because when they stick they are reving full throttle and I cut my grass often so its not a foot deep.
Yeah but mine is constantly on low throttle, and the choke doesn't appear to work.

·
4,788 Posts
Well the choke isnt controlled by the airvane. You have something messed up in the linkage likely.Look at your other ones to see what is different

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
is there a spring under the air vane? sometimes they come unwound

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The carb is warped. The linkages, springs, and such are fine. The carb mounting screws were tightened too much at one time, making the air vane unable to move.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Geeez! My one 10550 needs a coil (spark plug wire is pretty messed up) and the other one a carb. I'm glad I love these model of Lawnboy's and that they are worth fixing.

I tell ya though these Dura Force's are great engines, just as long as you keep them up to par.

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,131 Posts
There are plenty of D engine lawnboys out there, we won't hold it against you if you convert to "Old school" lawnboys. LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts