1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
engine number: model 42A707 18.5 hp b/s i/c 46" murray widebody
type 2653 E1
Code 9902085A
underneath the black box on the front of the carb, there is what I found on the diagram, what they call the "non adjustable fuel mixture" I was given instruction on how to screw it all in and back it out X number of turns etc. The problem is when it does start, and i run it for the duration of time needed, and shut it of, she wont start back up. I can pull the the plugs and wire brush them off, or dry them off then she would run. I went to sharpen blades and change oil, and now she wont even fire up. sprayed carb cleaner in it, and cleaned all the outer parts. Pulled the drain plug out and sprayed up in there also. I can see spark when I turn it over, but the plugs are pretty wet. So...what's left to do ??? be safe...Gunner :thanku: :banghead3

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
engine number: model 42A707 18.5 hp b/s i/c 46" murray widebody
type 2653 E1
Code 9902085A
underneath the black box on the front of the carb, there is what I found on the diagram, what they call the "non adjustable fuel mixture" I was given instruction on how to screw it all in and back it out X number of turns etc. The problem is when it does start, and i run it for the duration of time needed, and shut it of, she wont start back up. I can pull the the plugs and wire brush them off, or dry them off then she would run. I went to sharpen blades and change oil, and now she wont even fire up. sprayed carb cleaner in it, and cleaned all the outer parts. Pulled the drain plug out and sprayed up in there also. I can see spark when I turn it over, but the plugs are pretty wet. So...what's left to do ??? be safe...Gunner :thanku: :banghead3

anyone have any experience with these types of carb's?? what's the procedure in resetting the air/fuel mixture?? the drain plug Im referring to, is the plug of the side of the carb, it was unscrewed and fuel came out..it acts like it's drowning the plugs ?? thanks again...

·
4K Poster!!!
4,503 Posts
Are you sure that the choke is opening all the way?
Is it smoking when it runs?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
the plug on the side goes to your main jet

IIRC you screw the mixture screw all the way in and back it out 2 1/4

the carb is easy to rebuild i got the same one on my snapper, but i admit after 2 rebuilds i had to buy a new carb

ill check my briggs book tomorow for ya

1 - 4 of 4 Posts