My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the partnumber of a airfilter that will fit a early 60's L with the filter under the hood. I think it had the cleanable Dacron cartage in it when new, but I had gotten a normal paper filter that worked in it. Anyone know any numbers that I may be able to get localy?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Paul

Did you ever get an answer to this question? I have several filters out in the shop and if you need me to I can go get the numbers. let me know.

Andy

·
Super Moderator
31,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I never did. I ment to just order one up on line, but things got busy, and I never got around to it. If you have some numbers, and its not to much work, that would be AWSOME!! Thank you vary much. BTW thanks for the reminder. I have the airfilter housing still sitting in my blast cabnet. I have to paint that before it gets rusty.

·
One of the First 500
2,642 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Paul

Not a problem. I have two different ones that I think are probably made by the same company.

One is a Napa Gold #2302

the other is a Wix #42302

I think Wix is sold at Napa but Wix probably makes the Napa filter too. They look identical. Also make sure you have the cloth seal in the bottom of your filter housing too. If you don't have one it looks like a rolled up piece of cloth that you clean out and reoil then put in the bottom half of the filter housing and the filter sits on top of it. It keeps dust from getting around the filter. Simple but effective. Kinda like everything else on the tractor. Hope this helps.

Andy

·
Super Moderator
31,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I still cant find the rope part, but I test fitted the airfilter, and she fits kinda tight, so I think I may just make some kind of a spacer, and live with it. I plasted the housing clean, and have started painting it. The mounting stud was kind of buggerd up, so I have to make a new one before I install it. Hear is a Pict with the housing clean, and primered...

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts
Paul

I would think anykind of cloth that you could make a roll out of and oil would be better than nothing. those L's vibrate enough and if your like me they go in lots of dusty places that I would used all the help I could get. there is are some great owners manuals for the L's on the web site bobodu mentioned. they explain how to clean and maintain the air cleaner. I did notice when I was rereading one that they recommend that you fill the lower part of the air filter cup with oil. Kinda like the old oil bath ones. I haven't tried this with a paper filter but it does make it clear that they were designed to have a good amount of oil in there. Good Luck

Andy

P.S. I am getting a saw blade attachment for my L and will post pics when I use it. If it works I thought it would also work for you to clear all the small trees on your land.

·
One of the First 500
2,642 Posts
Rain??? You got rain???
Thought we had some...but it was just some geese.....yuck.

·
Super Moderator
31,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All done! Stupid me, butcherd the paint wile putting it on though :fing20: It seemed dry, but I crinkled some of it wile installing it. Guess I should have waited till today to install it. Well, still looks a lot better then before.

Attachments

·
One of the First 500
2,642 Posts
That;s an interesting muffler setup.
Don'tcha burn udders when you mow under the cows???

·
Super Moderator
31,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL, Only a dog here, and if he is that close, the burn is the least of his problems.:) :)

Works pretty good though. Adding a few bends, and pointing the muffler away from me, realy made this noisy beast easyer to use. Plus shes a bit of a smoker, so it keeps the breathing a bit easyer also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts