My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
My MF1655 lived outside under a snow covered tarp for 26 years. Half an hour with the heat gun blowing warm air around the engine while I was tending fire in the garage was usually enough to get it going at -30*.

What's this bra thing? You guys got girl tractors or something? :ROF
It's a cold weather cover, you slip it over the hood of tractor. It restricts the air flow making the engine run warmer to prevent the carb from icing up. I use 5w-30 in the winter, makes the engine turn over much easier when it real cold.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Over the years I've had 214's and a 245 that never gave me trouble during the winter. I've had a GX325 and now my current GX335 that did give me trouble. When your out blowing, and it's real cold and the snow and ice crystals are swirling in the air, the engine starts missing, sputtering, loosing rpm's, real pain in the neck. So after looking into it, Deere has a anti-icing screen (AM134141) for cold weather use. You replace the fly wheel screen with the anti-icing screen. It looks the same, but the holes must be designed to make the engine run hotter. There's a red sticker on it that say's do not run engine above 40F. After using this have not had a problem. You just have to remember to swap it back out in the spring. I'm guessing the "bra" is doing the same thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.