My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a cobbled up hose from the air cleaner to the carb, it worked, just didn't like it. I went to O'Reilly auto parts and found part #20267 radiator hose for $12.99. It fit perfectly, no cutting, looks good, 2 hose clamps and saved a some money. Plus this weekend for our state, is a TAX FREE weekend for purchases under $2000.00. Works for me.

BUD

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, same here. This one just opened a few months ago. It appears they are trying to get going in my area.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Is this hose an O'Reilly's brand hose? If not, what is the brand? Chances are, other stores such as Advance and/or Auto Zone may carry it too.

·
22,321 Posts
Thank you very much for the info.

I was working on my L today getting ready to rebuild the carburetor and get it running. I noticed that the hose on mine is just a shortened radiator hose that is as hard as a rock. This machine has the dry canister filter in front of the jug. I have a couple of extra side filters that I was thinking of fitting to this machine.

I may just have to pick up one of those hoses to keep the filter period correct.

·
22,321 Posts
That is what I have decided to do, Al.

For those of you that don't have an O'Reilly's or a parts house that carries Gates hoses, like me, I stopped by my local Advance Auto Parts today and asked them to cross the Gates number for me.

I got a molded hose that looks like it will work. I haven't tried the fit yet, but it looks good.

The brand on this hose is unknown to me but the part number is B70541 and the price is $14.99, plus any applicable taxes.

I will check back after I test the fit.

·
Premium Member
2,729 Posts
Bud - is this the longer or shorter hose for the L's with the under the hood air cleaner? Any idea if Advance would carry the others as well?

·
22,321 Posts
The hoses that we bought are the short ones. I don't have a clue if they carry the longer ones. The one that I picked up is a radiator hose that has an automotive application. It just so happens that it the right size, shape, and length.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bluegoose,

I didn't know there were 2 sizes. When I got my L it didn't have an air cleaner, hose, or the aluminum housing. I got the hard parts from e-bay and cobbled up a hose. It worked, but it wasn't right and didn't look good. I went to several auto parts stores and couldn't find anything. They opened a new O'Reilys in La Place La., nice people, stopped there and was pionted in the right direction and told to go look. I found one in about 10 minutes of searching.

I hope this helps other Gravely members, because you have always helped me and I am glad to help you"ll for a change.

BUD

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My air cleaner is under the hood right in front of the cylinder flange. It was just a basic 1966 L, now it is an L8 with duals.

I live about 20 miles north west of New Orleans in Destrehan La. about 1 mile from the Bonnet (silent T) Carrie Spillway.

BUD

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That was the worst ferry accident in our nations history. We now have a bridge across the river. There are not very many Gravelys in this area. The 2 I have are the only ones I know of. I live about 400' from the Mississippi river leeve and I use both Gravelys to cut a 25' walking path up the leeve.

BUD

·
Premium Member
2,729 Posts
My air cleaner is under the hood right in front of the cylinder flange. It was just a basic 1966 L, now it is an L8 with duals.

I live about 20 miles north west of New Orleans in Destrehan La. about 1 mile from the Bonnet (silent T) Carrie Spillway.

BUD

I'll have to stop by Advance Auto and pick one up. Last I knew hoses from the dealer were pretty expensive. I know I could use one of the smaller, U-shaped hoses right now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts