My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today was a good day for my first lawnboy,my 1980 8601 with a D411,20" 4square steel deck had come back to life after a storage dose with deep creep. i thought i ran the engine out of compression because it wouldent start one day and left it sit since.after about 20 mins of leting the deep creep drip into the motor i for got the kill switch was in the ON pos. and it tryed to fire, i then filled the gas tank richened the carb and gave it 5 good primes and i had it running! after i let it warm up i mowed with it and its cut was as good as the last time i used it,not a blade of grass uncut and the sound of the mower always put me in a good mood.i noticed the self propel was weak from sitting but a new belt and some use will fix that.today was a good day for me and i hope i get to use this mower for a long time til i have to rebuild the motor.this mower was know as my best buddie of all 15 mowers,and will remain that way.

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i feel majorly guilty useing my C engine because if somthing happens then i might not be able to get parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts