My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Raspberries fresh from the plant, some honey 3 days from the honeycomb and some half-and-half cream (sorry, out of a box, not right out of the cow... can't fit the cow into the garage between the van and the tractor).... Doesn't get much better than that! Well, it MIGHT have been better if I'dve done a pick-over FIRST before diving into them and had caught those chunks of leaf....

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
At least you didn't find a Bee!
LOL The bees only seem to be around when the flowers need to be polinated, not at pick'n time.

The Yellow Jackets found my raspberry patch and the buggers are cleaning me out. It was the same thing last year, except that time it was Bald Faced Hornets... good pick'ns until the wasps and hornets found them.

·
13,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some little critter has been raiding MY raspberry patch, eating all the berries from ground to about 18" up...

Oh waitaminit, that's Littletractorbabe, aided and abetted by her older sisters! :)

Of course, I thought we had some sort of rodent in the yard eating our Swiss Chard, until I saw kidlet just go over to the planter its in and start grazing like a little deer... Never have my camera when I need it...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Man I'm jealous!!
We have wild dew berries(wild blackberries) here where I live and we get a-lot when its season. I most likely will be planting several different plants in the future.....any suggestions on varieties?

·
13,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man I'm jealous!!
We have wild dew berries(wild blackberries) here where I live and we get a-lot when its season. I most likely will be planting several different plants in the future.....any suggestions on varieties?
I had thought about planting some blackberries alongside of my little raspberry patch this year, but the weather wasn't cooperating when the blackberries showed up in Home Depot's garden centre (we still had risk of frost at the time... crazy huh?)... Next year, maybe....

My thoughts long term for my little patch are to thin out my standard red raspberries, plant a blackberry bush or two and try to find some of the yellow raspberry bushes to stick in there just 'cuz they're neat looking... Might actually plant some of the red ones outside our back fence, just to use as ground cover in the spot along the alley where I can't easily mow (too many electrical boxes, too narrow for the tractor), because raspberries do a good job of choking out everything else....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts