My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what people thought now that this has been on the market for a few seasons.

I read all of the reviews from when it first came out and the early results seemed good, but I'm wondering if opinions have changed.

I'm looking mostly for the aerator functionality and possibly the dethatcher for now.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I bought the base,the core aerator and the dethatcher last fall and then Hurricane Sandy hit, and I never used them. Well, today I broke them out and used it for the first time.
First I used the dethatcher. It was easy to put the attachment on (Less than a minute) and off I went. I did not put any weight on base and it did a great job. I didn't realize how much thatch was in the yard. I let the thatch sit in the sun for a few hours to dry up.
Then I put my bagger on and sucked up all the thatch.
Next, I took off the thatcher and put on the Core Aerator. For the aerator you have to put on a center brace that is stored right on the base itself so no hunting for it. That took about 2 minutes and then the aerator snapped right into place.
For the aerator I needed to put a cinderblock on the base for weight to get it to dig into the dirt. I think the next time, i will use two blocks in any areas with thick grass as it seemed to not penetrate so deep there.

I have nothing to compare this too as it is the first of a kind for me, but I am not disappointed. The good part is this device is that it is two devices but only takes up the storage space of one devices. (OR more if you buy additional attachments) Also because the attachments come off, you can get it into tighter spots for storage. I see this as something that will spend the majority of its live stored.

The only one thing I did not like about it was the bar (Handle) that you use to raise the wheels to engage the tool is kind of flimsy. It should have been twice as thick. I just might complaint to them and see if they will send me a second ont and I will bolt the two together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts