My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
norcal
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like an orphan! Am I the only fool to buy a Agco cut? As soon as I can get some dry days I will be working the **** out of it. Much to do at our new place and I am only there on weekends (still working in the big city). As I get going I will submit pics.

I think my st30x is the same as a massey 1538.

More to follow

·
Citizen of Earth
15,289 Posts
Nothing wrong with an AGCO, as you surmised, it's a clone of a Massey Ferguson. Fine machine!

·
Registered
294 Posts
AGCO, (or Allis Gleaner COmpany) is the direct decendant of Allis Chalmers. They own over 20 brands with Massey Fergusen the most well known and largest tractor seller in the world.

Agco branded ST tractors are indeed nearly identical to Massey 1400 and 1500 tractors. I do not know of a Massey model 1538. There is a 1528, 1531, 1533 and 1540 among others. The AGCO twins being the ST 28a, st33a, st34a and st41a. Many other of their current and older tractors match up as well. The only difference is the color of the sheetmetal and some cosmetics.

The AGCO line is not nearly as popular as the Massey's. Their just is not the established dealer network that Massey Fergusen has. I will say though that they are excellent machines and spec out very near to Kubota machines in their given class. Very well refined and nice looking to boot.

Looking forward to the pictures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an Agco ST55. I am having problem with the water pump after 140 hours. The water pump sell for 400 plus dollars. I had the water pump rebuilt by the dealer for 200dollars. Does anyone else besides me have this problem?

·
1K Posts and climbing
1,665 Posts
I feel like an orphan! Am I the only fool to buy a Agco cut? As soon as I can get some dry days I will be working the **** out of it. Much to do at our new place and I am only there on weekends (still working in the big city). As I get going I will submit pics.

I think my st30x is the same as a massey 1538.

More to follow

Congrats. Pics Please.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts