My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this snow plow with a bunch of parts I picked up last year. Definitely not OEM Gravely and doesn't look like a Meyer. I'm guessing it was adapted from something else. It is pretty heavy and the blade is trapezoidal. It is about 59" at the top and 54" at the bottom. It is drilled for two gravely patterns but would need to be bolted over another cover.

Here is a link to more pictures:https://photos.app.goo.gl/5CmiX5u81UiviGdt9

Anyone have any ideas? I don't think I've ever use it, so if someone lives in CT and wants to grab is for maybe $20 its yours. If no one wants it maybe I'll toss it on an L some day and see what it can do. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Gravely 2-wheeler
884 Posts
If you put it on an L, don't forget to add a center bolt to keep the dog gear in place.

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
Related, has anyone encountered the v-plow attachment for the 2 wheelers in their travels? It may have been a 3rd party attachment, not sure, but it looks very cool and probably worked well.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
593 Posts
That looks like it might work fairly well, a lot better than the homemade one I used to have.

The official Gravely plow has a very radical curve to it, and it's very heavy. For plowing snow I add little skids to it. The radical curve forces the blade down as the material piles up on the blade, and it starts digging in too deep. This forces you to push down on the handle bars to keep it from digging in, and guess what? Pushing down on the handle bars gives you more traction. They had it figured out back then.

·
Gravely 2-wheeler
884 Posts
There was a thread in 2012 about V plows. https://www.mytractorforum.com/24-gravely/258989-v-plow.html There is a YouTube video by MrCRMapleFarm with an L pushing a V plow that looks homemade (straight in the center). There is also an image online of a nice V plow on a Pro series w/b - don't know who owns it.

V plows are probably nice for a first pass in very deep snow but not much other use. One would need a snowblower or rider with a straight blade to go any wider in snow that deep. My w/b with a dozer blade can handle most deep snows and has the advantage of pushing straight as well as angled to build up piles. For very deep I also have blowers with and without drift cutters.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello Guys,

I believe that plow is from a David Bradley 2 wheel tractor.

I have one that looks identical, and has the DB name plate on it.

Best regards, and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

·
Registered
312 Posts
There were two styles of bladed plows you front mounted on walk behinds. Photos of both are in the gravely literature. I've only owned the later version. That one will work well on gravel roads with the skids that gravely offered. The first version I understand could be flipped over to change the direction of plowing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts