My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a BX 1500 with only 235 hours ~ used only to mow between tree lanes in a nursury. On consignment with a good dealer who knows the first owner and has serviced the machine. I am asking them to do a buyer’s inspection before I pay about $7,000.

I plan to use it for light lifting, hauling brush, and some grading with a box scraper.

This seems like a nifty tractor for a newbie, and I would appreciate suggestions or cautions.

Thanks

Dwight

·
Rich in RI
84 Posts
Dwight,

I have a 2004 BX1500 that I’ve had for several years. I mow an acre and a third, plow a 400 foot driveway, use a Handi Hitch for dragging around trailers and my Cyclone Rake leaf vac, and a telescoping boom on the three point hitch for lifting stuff. No FEL; the boom does everything I would be doing with the FEL. Your needs are likely different.

When I was shopping I had some concern that a two cylinder engine would not be smooth enough. After all, Kubota discontinued the 1500 and moved on to three cylinder BXs. I have to say they balanced it very well, and I do not regret having a two banger! It has all the power I will ever need on my mini estate, and I wanted the smaller machine so that I could keep it in my shed.

Servicing the unit is easy and cheap, and it has needed nothing but fluids and filters (hydraulic, air, fuel, and oil). Let me know if you have any specific questions. It sounds like you found a good example of a great machine.

Rich W.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts