Hi! I have a John Deere 111 from the 1980s and the pto clutch was not engaging. I disconnected it from the default wire, and tested the wire with a multimeter. There appears to be 12v coming from the battery to the lead when the key is turned and pto switch engaged. I tested the clutch with an ohmmeter, and it shows about 4 ohms of resistance. When I connect the clutch directly to the battery, bypassing the normal wire, it goes clunk, showing the internal workings of the clutch are possibly ok. So my question: even though there's 12 volts coming down from the battery to the wire that connects to the clutch, do you think there's some problem between the battery and the wire that connects to the clutch's leads? Perhaps there's something about the wire that dampens the amount of amperage (some source of resistance) happening, even though it shows 12 volts? How can I test this and find the culprit? If I can't figure it out, can I just hotwire the clutch, i.e, connect the clutch lead directly to the battery and put in a toggle switch so I can manually turn the blades on and off? If so, any specs on that? i.e. a 10 amp switch, for example? Any advice is welcome! I'm an amateur electrical/small engine person.