My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Did you see that?
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering a Case224 for snow removal, comes with an auger blower. Or perhaps a Ford LGT 18H with a kohler 18hp...and a blade. Opinions?

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,672 Posts
Please tell what each comes with. My opinion, from what little I know would be the 224 case. :trink40:

·
Did you see that?
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here are some shots of the case...

[/IMG]

Thanks

·
Registered
690 Posts
Looks nice, I love the crap out of my 224, I just got the sno caster for it, and love it in the snow.

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
OP, that is a torq 224, one of the more rare birds in the flock of Case garden tractors. $800 is an attractive price for any case tractor in as nice shape with a deck and plow, but the fact that it is one of a very few torq examples is making me( and probably a few others) salivate and secretly hate you....:sidelaugh:trink39:

Just kidding, seriously, I will tell you honestly from one enthusiast to a future enthusiast, go buy that tractor first thing in the morning, do whatever you have to to get the money and don't haggle the price. If you don't like it I will buy it from you and drive up from Cincy to do it. Just go get it before someone else does. PM me if you need to. It's pretty rare.

·
Did you see that?
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PM Sent

·
Did you see that?
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok ...got the update! I am on this 'case' :) tomorrow! If the deal falls through I can always 'fall back' on the ford (202 hours) plow and cap for $500

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Drew I'm here to learn also so I'll ask again. What is special about this "Torq" model?
I've seen that site and not that they are wrong but If I believed everything that an auctioneer said and everything that I read on the net I'd be a broke sob. Sorry just living up to the Missouri creed. Show Me.

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
CP7, fair enough. Here's the funny thing about all this. this tractor is so rare that it isn't really something that a lot of us have the need to know about. The only reason I know about it is as I stated before, I know a gentleman that has one of them.

I spoke to the OP on the phone tonight and he plans on outfitting it with a snow plow as well. Based on where he told me he lives, and the amount of snow he has to deal with, the higher torque drive motor would be an advantage over the huge walls of snow he will be moving.

How much torque? That I couldn't tell you, and i really can't show you either since the only other one of these I know of is located about 15 hours away from me.

The OP will have one after tommorow if all goes well, and then I am sure he would be happy to post up something or a video so we can see.

As far as the numbers go, I can't say how accurate that estimate is, but what I can say, ( and others will have to agree) is that there is almost no info about them on the net, and we never see any of them being discussed.

So it stands to reason that there is a rarity factor involved with this tractor. While I can't give him specs, I can give him the heads up to grab up something that could enrich his GT hobby immensely.

·
Did you see that?
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will post up pics ...and detailed pics once I get it home. This winter I am planning on leaving it 'original'. Then in the spring doing what I have to do to 'return' it to 100% We do get our fair share of snow, and what I didn't reveal is that my drive while not real long...is on a slope so the extra torque will be appreciated...lets see how it goes...

I am not going in blind, I've been around the auto industry for 30+ years so I'd know 'basically' what to look for and at...

Let you guys know tomorrow what I find...

·
Did you see that?
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quick update. People were busy today, I have an appointment to look at the tractor tomorrow (Saturday) noon (was given a solemn swear they won't sell it from under me :) ). So, provided I find nothing MAJOR wrong I'd presume this will be in my garage tomorrow afternoon...Will update with pics as soon as I can. Once again thanks to everyone that has contributed.

·
Did you see that?
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh ya, anyone that 'attempts to snake this from me' can meet my boy...
[/IMG]

This is the son of Herbie Vom Grutenblick... 2x National Seiger
Herbie

And Grandson Mom's side of :
Bronko

Ya I am proud of him... :thThumbsU

·
Registered
977 Posts
I bet a god ol hunk of steak and a hug would make him all better.
or perhaps I will just kidnap the dog whisperer to fall victim ugh umm I mean distract the pooch while torq is borrowed :D

or I will wait for Drew, and him and I will run and see who makes it out alive?
hehehe

all joking of course.

just hurry with pictures! :D

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.