My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
my 1st LB was a 3060!
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Supposedly ... "Lawnboy 21 inch selfpropelled mulcher runs a bit rich but runs and cuts"

this a decent model?

I'm thinkin a self propelled model and a bricktop model need to be added to my shed ASAP I just wanna make sure I don't buy a lemon, thanks fellas!

Attachments

·
my 1st LB was a 3060!
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't tell from the pic cause I use a 10" netbook LOL!! hows she look??

·
my 1st LB was a 3060!
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks imaLawnBoyFreak!!

guy just got back to me, its a 8237 he said!

drives good, smokes abit, blade isn't loose.... he's gonna hold it for me till tomorrow!

·
Registered
347 Posts
That's an 8237! Great find. Running $70CD?

·
my 1st LB was a 3060!
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
asking $50cdn

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Those are definately a great model.

On mine I've noticed that if I put the mulch plug on it tends to act like it's running rich/lacking for power. I think it's because of the mulch plug not letting the exhaust have a place to excape when the mower is in the lawn. Runs fine on concrete (I've noticed the same thing with others as well).

It's too bad those had such a problem with the tank fading like they do. Havent' seen one yet that wasn't discolored either white or brown/white.

·
my 1st LB was a 3060!
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
****!!! he's postponed pickup a day!!

fingers x'd for friday!

I must already have it LBAD! :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Canuck with the fever, eh? You are now officially one of the LB Boys!

·
my 1st LB was a 3060!
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bad news

w00t! gcmartin1! :thanku:

Now, buddy sure is lucky his dad was home and not him cause son's pretty nice mower nothin broke on it has the wheels near falling off, rust, missing aircleaner and cover AND a freakin 1" hole in the side of her!!! moron!! :banghead3

Found a 7351 and 7352 for $90ea, waitin on pics...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Too bad bolly, but that seems to be the scenario around here!! Many advertised as good, but in the end are junk. I guess they figure with millions of people living around here, eventually someone will bite.

·
my 1st LB was a 3060!
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh yes 68 Pontiac! The 7351 and 7352 pics just arrived and though not junk, they're not near as good as my first LB a couple weeks back... I'm passin on em!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Keep on looking bolly ... you'll have a whole heard in no time. I haven't counted mine, but I'm around 25 or so! I don't know what's worse; LB's or Gravely's!! I found a couple of nice ones over the summer:

-a C21CPN in nice shape, but the carb was worn a little. Bought it for $50 because 'it wouldn't run'. One governor spring later it was running pretty good but not perfect
-a 680553 (successor to the S19ZPN) in nice shape. It was used very little at a cottage. Bought it for $25 because 'it wouldn't stay running' and he just wanted to recover his cost. The PO didn't know that you had to move the throttler control off choke to run the mower. I bought it for the carb, but it ran so nice after i cleaned the carb that I put the complete engine on my C21. Now the C21 sings with that 5hp F engine.

So bolly, just keep on looking and you'll find something half decent.

·
my 1st LB was a 3060!
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
off choke!! LOL!!

nice pickups on the LB's 68 Pontiac, (I guess, I'm still a LB newb lol), they seem hard to find around here.... you must be in Southern Ontario

·
Registered
347 Posts
Okay bolly's up early so he can peruse the Canuck landscape for unwanted LB machinery.

What's your plan for locating LB's on this Saturday morning: flea markets, estate sales, garages?

Go check this out bolly if you want a one of a kind:

Battery powered electric LB

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/mss/for/1913544486.html

·
my 1st LB was a 3060!
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
all of the above gcmartin1! :)

found this for $80.... seller says needs tune up and carb... it's an hour and a half away :(

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
all of the above gcmartin1! :)

found this for $80.... seller says needs tune up and carb... it's an hour and a half away :(

did you check the link I sent? It's in Toronto! If it's a battery powered LB , it's super rare!:trink39:

·
my 1st LB was a 3060!
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I did and most appreciated too! :)

But again that one is 1.5hrs South of me as well :(

I'm only travellin that far for a mint commercial bricktop with the metal tank, well ok maybe a green bricktop or a real nice automower, hehehe :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
I did and most appreciated too! :)

But again that one is 1.5hrs South of me as well :(

I'm only travellin that far for a mint commercial bricktop with the metal tank, well ok maybe a green bricktop or a real nice automower, hehehe :D
Bricktop fever has hit!

Something like this for example:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts