My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 8199 tractor seat suspension pounds the crap out of my lower back! Anyone have any Ideas on how to improve on these leaf spring seat suspension!!! ??

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Old Ram for the advice ,did let air out of rear tires , have about 7 and 1/2 pounds in them now and that helped some! using a old hunting seat pad to give it a bit more cushion!

·
Choke's stuck on!
496 Posts
If it is just the two bent bars not much can be done without a little investment. I have a $100 suspension seat on my ZTR. made a big difference, but is not free. Also if shopping seats pay attention to the new height. A lot of them are higher to fit the suspension components.

You could look into replacing the bent bars with coil springs and a little damper. Custom fab job.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info Robbay, I had a similar issue with a John Deere 318 I once owned and put a Deflated football under the seat and then partially filled it with air!!!!!! LOL worked well for a short time till it wore through the football :)

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
You could try to locate a G series fender assembly complete with seat and springs.

Alternatively, you could probably source the parts individually (new) and convert it.

It is a better setup.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts

·
Inveterate Putterer
2,964 Posts
So how about some more details, what model number seat, what kind/model of tractor did you install it on?

Sheldon
Sheldon,l I just last week bought that unit for my son for his birthday. He has a Kubota Kommander 122 zero turn. He is in Vermont and has ten hilly acres with some areas of pretty rough ground. He cheaped out and got his new mower without a suspension seat and it is kicking his butt!

The kit is universal, but not quite. He has to drill some holes in it to fit his mower. No biggie. He won't have it until Thursday, so no info yet on how the install went.

I am thinking of getting one for one of my 16Gs. There are some butt kicking spots on the properties I mow. The stock seat springs help, but only a little.

·
Inveterate Putterer
2,964 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts