My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still looking for the right unit to put on my Kubota L3000DT. Several acres of meadows and tall grass. I think I will be limited to 60" with this tractor - do you concur? There is a used LandPride RCR 1660 for sale but asking is 995 which seems pretty steep. Any other recommendations for my setup?
ps - pix forthcoming on the tractor in a a day or 2

·
Just passing through
8,422 Posts
Still looking for the right unit to put on my Kubota L3000DT. Several acres of meadows and tall grass. I think I will be limited to 60" with this tractor - do you concur? There is a used LandPride RCR 1660 for sale but asking is 995 which seems pretty steep. Any other recommendations for my setup?
ps - pix forthcoming on the tractor in a a day or 2
Well the RCR 1860 is not cheap...
http://www.fastline.com/v100/listin...redders&Manufacturer=Land+Pride&Model=RCR1860

·
Registered
64 Posts
A good bushhog is not cheap, they're priceless. These units can/will take a lot of abuse.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks.
So do you think the asking price of $995 on the 1660 is not out of line if is in good working condition? The slip clutch works fine, no leaks or problems with seals. Blades are OK. Does have a crack on casing from a thrown rock that was welded and is cosmetic only.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Advice needed for brush hog for L3000DT; few more options

Been scouring hard. Here is what i find so far:
King Cutter Drag Type Brush Hog 5 Foot wide cut in good condition price $ 500.00

60" brush bull by woods 700.00obo

Land Pride 1660 $995

My meadows are 4' tall. Help me spend my money wisely :thanku:

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Paul Christensen would be the one to give you good advice. But those prices don't look bad, but I'm not in the biz

·
Just passing through
8,422 Posts
Re: Advice needed for brush hog for L3000DT; few more options

Been scouring hard. Here is what i find so far:
King Cutter Drag Type Brush Hog 5 Foot wide cut in good condition price $ 500.00

60" brush bull by woods 700.00obo

Land Pride 1660 $995

My meadows are 4' tall. Help me spend my money wisely :thanku:
That seems like a really nice price...;)

·
Premium Member
8,324 Posts
The tow behinds are usually less expensive, even new, mainly because the mower housing doesn't have to have as much structural strength, but you do have to drag them around to get to where you need to mow, and they can mess up a nicely groomed gravel driveway when you drag them across. I prefer the 3 point setup because you can lift them up when you drive around and only put them down on the ground where you're going to mow.

I personally feel that the Woods that you listed is the best deal. I'm not that familiar with the Land Pride models, but I doubt that the extra cost is worth it. They are all used equipment after all, and one used 60" rotary mower is just about the same as the next, with the exception of age, rust, wear and tear, and such. The pictures show them to all be fairly new models, so you probably won't go wrong with any of them, but my vote is for the Woods. Keep the gear box full of oil, and grease the zerk on the trailing wheel spindle often and it should last you a lifetime.

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Trailer mowers are a bit of a pain to work with unless it is all wide open mowing. I'd go with the Woods mower. Woods makes some nice mowers that will serve you for many years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the used Land Pride RCR1660. Nice seller. He came down a bit and delivered it and helped me install it the first time. What a beast. I have done ~5 acres of tall goldenrod (my 'Bota is now yellow instead of orange). Happy to have the slip clutch as I did hit a few large surprises. SOlid unit and works well. Glad I stuck with the 5 footer. Anything larger would have been too much for my tractor. Thanks everyone who helped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts