My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the next step after my thread on oil for an almost new 1997 generator, B&S engine 19E412, Type 0107 01.

The conversion to electric start works fine but the engine is limited to a constant 2700 rpm from no load to about 1500W from an electric heater. It governs fine at that and runs nice and steady but of course the AC voltage is low and the frequency wrong which is why I used a straight resistive load.

That convoluted governor assembly looks untouched and I wouldnt know where to start. Is there a carb adjustment that may be needed or a carb cleaning?

Geoff

·
Jack of All Trades Guru!
364 Posts
There should be an idle screw on the control bracket where the throttle linkage is. You can turn it clockwise to increase idle speed to 3750rpms or 62hz roughly no load. Should not droop below 58hz under full load

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a Coleman Powermate 4500 that I got many years ago. It has an electro- magnetic contraption on it that keeps it at high speed when there is a load and drops to idle when therw is no load. It stopped working but it just needed to have the gap adjusted between the magnet and the carb. After I adjusted it it started working as designed agai.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts