My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
MARK (LI), thank you for the welcome! I'll be sure to head over to that forum and introduce myself!

Alien5044, yeah, I tried again to remove the red lens with no luck. Looks like I'll be trying to carefully drill out the back and see if I can get some LEDs in there. Good luck! I'll try and post some pictures if/when I finish!

oldgibsonguy, nice setup! Are the white lights always on, or did you wire them up to only turn on when you are going in reverse?

I really liked how Jeff's lights looked, so was thinking of trying to recreate how he did the lights. Based on the picture in this video
(screenshot below), It almost seems as if he ran 3 individual LEDs to each reflector instead of an LED strip, since it looks like there are 3 pairs of wires coming from each reflector. I'm wondering if he used something like this? https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H98XXVE/

View attachment 2442184
Everything is on it's own circuit. All of the lights come on when the switch is turned on, however, the flood lights have a separate switch on the rear of the junction box. The winch worked out very well with a 200A fuse in the junction box, #8 cable directly to the battery, then to the trailer socket on the right side in the picture. Everything else ran off of waterproof jacks on the box including the control for the winch, socket for electric spreader, and auxiliary sockets, each with a 15 or 20A fuse in the box. The junction box went with the 580 when I traded it in.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I added some of Jeffs lights around the year 2014/ 15? (x540), he provided a quality plug and play retro-fit kit; I believe they ran me about $125 shipped. Unfortunately, while I've never needed them - they still shine brightly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I ended up finishing my lights this weekend. Here is the finished product:

I never heard back from Jeff about purchasing his lights, so I used the pictures I found online of his wiring for inspiration. I can make a separate post with what I did if there is any interest.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Looks good. I did my own as well with either a dremel or cut off wheel. Got a 2.5" or so sealed strip with bright red leds. Used some caulk or JB weld to hold them in and then soldered and heat shrinked all the wiring with loom to finish it off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ended up finishing my lights this weekend. Here is the finished product:

I never heard back from Jeff about purchasing his lights, so I used the pictures I found online of his wiring for inspiration. I can make a separate post with what I did if there is any interest.
What leds did you end up using? Would love a post on how you did it!

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
21 - 27 of 27 Posts