My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We added a small deck off our kitchen this spring. We enjoy flowers and added of number of potted ones to the deck. Looked nice, but was missing some water/noise. I had the bottom of a farm pump hanging around for about 20 years and figured it might do the job. My wife cleaned it good and put her color twist on it. For the pump, I chose a solar with 9 volt battery backup submersible. Did a little research and sprung for a little better model(80 bucks).

Flower Plant Flowerpot Green Blue
Flower Plant Flowerpot Blue Houseplant

I made the stainless "L" bracket to mount the panel. Couple of heavy zip ties to attach.

Property Plant Light Product Blue

The watertight battery box. Nice little system. Has anyone here had these over a period of time???

Plant Furniture White Automotive tire Outdoor furniture

·
Super Moderator
16,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Your a turd Mike, you really are.

As said though, our deck is small, only 18' long, so there just isn't enough room for your idea.

·
Super Moderator
14,209 Posts
Ellis that looks nice. I will make sure NOT to show my wife such things so no ideas are planted.

Reactions: tiretrx

·
Super Moderator
16,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ellis that looks nice. I will make sure NOT to show my wife such things so no ideas are planted.
Thanks Kyle. I hear you, but truth is I probably enjoy it more than the Mrs.

I plan on dropping a few feeder goldfish in for the season, then transferring them to a deeper pond for winter. It'll be like a little nursery.

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,694 Posts
Nice! So that's solar powered?
I have a small 110volt pump on our small pond but was thinking about looking for solar powered one. Run mine from May to October so no need for year round use.

·
Super Moderator
16,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice! So that's solar powered?
I have a small 110volt pump on our small pond but was thinking about looking for solar powered one. Run mine from May to October so no need for year round use.
Yup, solar powered with battery backup(9v).

Pretty slick, Ellis, looks really nice on the deck!
Thanks Mike, fun little project.

·
Super Moderator
13,882 Posts
Nice water feature, Ellis. I like the hand pump and that it's all compact and self contained. We have a very small deck off the porch. I've been thinking about a water feature myself. Something like this would fit in well (no pun intended) :) A solar panel is definitely the way to go but I'm not sure if we would get enough sunlight. That's one of the reasons that I've been holding off. I don't want to get into electric motors.

My daughter and her BF put a little pond together in Tx. It looks just like this.

Plant Automotive tire Terrestrial plant Grass Groundcover

·
Super Moderator
16,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Dave. That's a nice one in your pic, also. In our case we already had the planting pot, so we just utilized it.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
16,629 Posts
That's interesting, and looks good there, Ellis. Should be a conversation starter. (y)

Reactions: tiretrx

·
Super Moderator
17,579 Posts
There is something about the sight and sound of gurgling water that is very relaxing.
//////////////////////////////
Think meitation/yoga, Dave.. I know a person that a gurgling three - tier ceramic waterfall in her small place.. Turn everything else down and even w/ my hearing aids I could hear it-very soothing. Sad I haven't seen her in a while-
glenn

·
Super Moderator
16,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Administrator
11,946 Posts
I still have a couple pitcher pumps my grandfather used on the cistern. Dad said when he was little one sat on the counter in the kitchen to pull water out of the old dug well. One year I set it up on a big crockery pot about the size of yours and put an electric pump on it. I suppose with a water trough or birdbath heater could keep it running year round. Love the sound, what I miss most no longer having an aquarium setup in the house.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts