My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short. Needed a mower for our(families) plant. Probably around 2 acres of actual grass mowing. I had been searching for a decent GT various makes, preferably older units that I could use for other than grass. Pushing snow etc. Well found a X500 on craigslist CHEAP, guy sold it the day before but had a 08-09 LA175 with 80hrs, 54" cut for 1200 bucks. Dad went to look and had it in the back of his truck this morning.

**** turns tight! Runs strong seems comfortable and has bee.......pop holders:trink39:. I'll cut with it later but seems decent enough. I have the lots plowed and I have a big ole walk behind snowblower I(meaning my employees) can use on sidewalks and other areas the plow truck can't get to. All in all I don't have to haul my ole 112 back in forth anymore.:thThumbsU

·
Super Moderator
16,674 Posts
Well You could be a Nice Boss and Get the tractor Mounted Blower for the LA175 and do the sidewalks Yourself. Have fun with Your New Toy:thThumbsU

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could do that. I won't, but I could. :fing32:

I'm kinda worried about doing anything but mowing with it. We get some pretty good snow/drifts etc. Just finished mowing and it took a good 20-25 minutes off my normal time using my 112. I need to get used to that big deck too. Still it is one mowing son of a gun. Other impressions is it is obviously built to price. Feels plasticy and flimsy because it is. deck hangs to low when raised up. Engine runs great, good power no bogging in very tall/wet grass. Honestly the only thing I would add is power steering.

·
Super Moderator
16,674 Posts
The L the LA and D series are actually Pretty good Tractors There Only downfall is the T40J trans used in most Models The LA175 has a K46 variant similar to the K46 used in the X300 model. as long as it used for Mowing the Lawn and Snow removal it should be fine and in You case Just Mowing the Lawn it should do well and the deck Perfomance will be Better than it was when the L series first Came out. Which was one area Deere Improved on with the LA series:thThumbsU

1 - 4 of 4 Posts