My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got lucky and found a good deal on 2 new DB's a couple weeks ago. One is a 575121 that is almost complete, minus the upper pulley for the speed changer and a running engine. The original wisconsin ACN is there but no carb and its in real rough shape. The other tractor is a 5756 that is missing the engine. Along with the 2 tractors I got a disk, spike tooth harrow and a 6" plow. After what seemed to be years of watching craigslist I finally bound a decent deal.:drunkie:

·
GramPa
1,043 Posts
Sounds like a couple of butes...I had two both 1956 models...one was a Super neither had hoods and had never had hoods. When we had those (2 years ago) they did all our garden work and snow removal, until the Power King was bought. Those DB's are tough, hard working units...mine our now working on a off grid farm.:wwp:

I got lucky and found a good deal on 2 new DB's a couple weeks ago. One is a 575121 that is almost complete, minus the upper pulley for the speed changer and a running engine. The original wisconsin ACN is there but no carb and its in real rough shape. The other tractor is a 5756 that is missing the engine. Along with the 2 tractors I got a disk, spike tooth harrow and a 6" plow. After what seemed to be years of watching craigslist I finally bound a decent deal.:drunkie:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are a few pics of my last score. Hopefully I can have that super 600 up and running by spring so I can retire my granddads 5751 before I ruin the restoration I've done.

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I still need to get a push blade, haven't found one at a decent price yet so I use my Case 446 and snowcaster for the snow cleanup. The Bradley would be handy for thise light dustings though when I don't wanna fire up the 446.

·
GramPa
1,043 Posts
Original rims, both with attachment saddle, and 3 nice attachments...that was quite a score. On the Front blade...be extremely careful..that is how I broke my ribs two winters ago...drove handle in ribs when hit a chunk of ice.

Here are a few pics of my last score. Hopefully I can have that super 600 up and running by spring so I can retire my granddads 5751 before I ruin the restoration I've done.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ouch, I'll be sure to be careful, or try at least.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts