My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 71 piece air tool set from Norther Tool, ordered last weekend and got it today. $135 for the set. Not Snap-On by any means, but for me, John Q. Average it will do just fine!

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Should be able to all kinds of work now Brett!

·
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or at least do it a little easier! :)

Shame I got the air compressor and most times I use it to blow off the tractor! :)

·
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah that Kobalt set is nice, looked at that one too... After the fact! I probably would have bought the Kobalt over this set. But this set is pretty nice, just doesn't have the fancy over molded rubber on the housings.

·
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No domes for me man! Last time I was in a dome they told me to go stand in the corner and it took me 2 hours to give up.... :)

·
Super Moderator
32,620 Posts
Not sure if you get over to Carnegie at all but there's an Old Nike Hercules site there with a large G-Dome. That's what made me think of it! Same reason I don't have a round bedroom, can't corner my wife! lol!!!

·
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL PA! Love it :)

I don't get over to Carnegie much at all. But we have a Hercules site right down the road from where I live. Or I should say we "had" a Hercules site.. They even named the road, Nikeasite road :)

·
Resident John Deere Tech
1,349 Posts
NICE!!!!!!!!!!! you will be surprized how many uses you can find for the die grinder............

·
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bogie,

I already had a die grinder and I completely agree! That's why I have a solid carbide burr for the die grinder, comes in handy for everything.

·
Resident John Deere Tech
1,349 Posts
Yeah........the die grinder is awesome, and I just picked up a 3" high speed cutter tuesday.......those are nice too..........gets places that an angle grinder can't...

·
life is good
1,048 Posts
Nice set there Brett.
Do you have a cleaner/drier for the air coming from the compressor?
That will prolong the life of those tools.

·
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dave,

I do have a drier on the line but it doesn't seem to work well. I am going to add a bigger 2 stage drier to it. I do oil my tools before use so that does help, but what is the enemy for sure!

·
life is good
1,048 Posts
Haha how true, we all know the moisture is a killer.
Figured you oiled your tools before use so didn't mention that.
I use a Campbell Hosefield cleaner/drier on mine.

·
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What should have been "That" :)

I do need to pick up a better drier for sure! After I pay off some bills it's on the ta do list :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
The cheap air tools for ocasional use is fine provided you have enough compressor to run them as most are not real efficient. On the other hand, most homeowners can't justify a $400 1/2" impact gun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts