My Tractor Forum banner

Added a 140 to the collection

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  esnb74 
#1 ·
MrBeef and I made a deal and I have his old 140 H1 home and in my shop. Nice meeting you in person, Kyle.

Now we will see how soon I can get a few things done to it. I'm sure we will be another of my long threads, as I don't get the time I'd like to too work on projects.

1) H2 added (have most everything needed already)
2) Tearing steering apart to see if can make it steer easier (PS will be someday)
3) Put my Johnson Loader on
4) Square tube hitch added.

I have a few other possible ideas :trink39: for the future, But I will leave those under raps until I get around to trying them out. :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Wait! What?!?! The OLD one? Wasn't that the one he just GOT? I'm so confused! Without names attached to them, I have SUCH a hard time keeping track of all of his machines! :sidelaugh:sidelaugh

Looks like it'll be a nice machine for ya!

(Like I told my MIL, tractors is baseball cards for BIG kids! :) )

#4 ·
He does have a bunch of nice JD tractors.

Tractors are baseball cards for BIG kids! - Perfect. LOL

#7 ·
Man I guess I need to pay better attention I'm confused lol where did the 317 go? Uhh oh yea you took the other 110 apart well ok glad your making room and nice buy on the 140 can't wait to here about the upgrades:fing32: Mr B good luck on the 216 I really like mine and I haven't really done anything to it yet shop is full of a big tractor although I stood in there for about a half hr trying to figure out how to fit the 216 in to:praying:

#11 ·
You will not be dissapointed with the 216. The only problem I've heard these machines have(besides the well-known Sherman tank turning radius) is that they break motor mounts.

#12 ·
I started test fitting the loader brackets as I wanted to make sure that they actually fit on a 140. And they do fit, however I am going to redo this loader and brackets so I will be quick-tach (Westendorf Style) Video & pictures at: http://www.loaders.com/aspx/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?productid=26

I think I also decided to add levers and bracket from a 316 frame I have laying around. I have H1 and H2 levers that I will combine into H3 levers. I think there is also room to use two valves (H2 & H1) so I don't have to buy an H3 valve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.