My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MrBeef and I made a deal and I have his old 140 H1 home and in my shop. Nice meeting you in person, Kyle.

Now we will see how soon I can get a few things done to it. I'm sure we will be another of my long threads, as I don't get the time I'd like to too work on projects.

1) H2 added (have most everything needed already)
2) Tearing steering apart to see if can make it steer easier (PS will be someday)
3) Put my Johnson Loader on
4) Square tube hitch added.

I have a few other possible ideas :trink39: for the future, But I will leave those under raps until I get around to trying them out. :)

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,947 Posts
Wait! What?!?! The OLD one? Wasn't that the one he just GOT? I'm so confused! Without names attached to them, I have SUCH a hard time keeping track of all of his machines! :sidelaugh:sidelaugh

Looks like it'll be a nice machine for ya!

(Like I told my MIL, tractors is baseball cards for BIG kids! :) )

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Congrats sure is one good looking tractor!

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wait! What?!?! The OLD one? Wasn't that the one he just GOT? I'm so confused! Without names attached to them, I have SUCH a hard time keeping track of all of his machines! :sidelaugh:sidelaugh

He does have a bunch of nice JD tractors.

Tractors are baseball cards for BIG kids! - Perfect. LOL

·
Registered
1,232 Posts

Tyson, didn't know you were a big sports fan. Spring is coming, maybe time to add to your roster! I've been downsizing.

·
Super Moderator
13,359 Posts
I am looking forward to the improvements! The longer the thread the better. I also enjoyed our chat this afternoon. Did you get some pizza togo?

This was the new 140 that was also the newest (model year wise) of my two 140's. However, it is now my old one and only have one 140.... I am also now down to three tractors, my 318, 110, and THAT other 140 in the garage which is still not put back together........ one day..... but since I only have three I am back to hunting.... I did find a 216 that will be sold tomorrow, I might go take a look at it.

Luckily I think the baseball card thing will come in handy. Mrs. Beef and I collect baseball cards......

He does have a bunch of nice JD tractors.
Thanks! I just need a cheap 332......and a broom, and a sleeve hitch for the 110, and a....... really just a bigger place.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Man I guess I need to pay better attention I'm confused lol where did the 317 go? Uhh oh yea you took the other 110 apart well ok glad your making room and nice buy on the 140 can't wait to here about the upgrades:fing32: Mr B good luck on the 216 I really like mine and I haven't really done anything to it yet shop is full of a big tractor although I stood in there for about a half hr trying to figure out how to fit the 216 in to:praying:

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Nice addition to your collection esnb74 :fing32:

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am looking forward to the improvements! The longer the thread the better. I also enjoyed our chat this afternoon. Did you get some pizza togo?
Couldn't find parking with the trailer so I got some Cici's pizza buffet in DSM. I'll get Great Plains next time.

Good luck on the 216.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Three of my friends
8,998 Posts
Get the 216 they are awesome.

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
You will not be dissapointed with the 216. The only problem I've heard these machines have(besides the well-known Sherman tank turning radius) is that they break motor mounts.

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I started test fitting the loader brackets as I wanted to make sure that they actually fit on a 140. And they do fit, however I am going to redo this loader and brackets so I will be quick-tach (Westendorf Style) Video & pictures at: http://www.loaders.com/aspx/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?productid=26

I think I also decided to add levers and bracket from a 316 frame I have laying around. I have H1 and H2 levers that I will combine into H3 levers. I think there is also room to use two valves (H2 & H1) so I don't have to buy an H3 valve.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts